witness
Years ago

dropping higher graded juniors for finals?

is it kosha?

have no problem with any teams calling in guns for fianls - but dropping higher graded players for finals in a lower grade when they have played most the season in a higher grade ? but that team does not make finals? will see 3rd and 4th teams winning GFs.

dropped them legally to qualify - when obvious that the higher graded team will not make finals - and in fact caused a forfeit for the higher graded team.

Topic #20871 | Report this topic

Me3  
Years ago

What are you implying? Who Does that

Reply #247908 | Report this post

Random  
Years ago

Exactly that happened in my son's Div 4 comp a couple of years ago. His team finished top and hadn't lost a game, but come finals the 2 teams that played off in the GF both had players that were for most of the season playing in 1 grade and in one teams case, 2 grades higher. The 2 clubs involved don't win very often so I guess they'll do anything to notch up a premiership. But it wasn't fair on the other teams that didn't bend the rules - whether his team ended up winning or not.

Reply #248089 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:32 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754