Reply #247931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

majok with a sweet jumper

and a nice block

Reply #247933 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Yes Ater Majok had a very nice blocked shot and then a sweet face-up jumper on the other end. Looks like Brown is giving every player a good run. Not the easiest to watch but will update again soon.

China up 9 late in first half.

Reply #247934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and a nice steal! kid is alrite!

Reply #247935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.justin.tv/strimsport

Reply #247941 | Report this post

lawnes  
Years ago

China is applying the famous "Goorjian" defense that even the Team USA have acknowledge as the toughest they have encountered

Reply #247945 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Down 1, Forman has a 3 rim out, Ogilvy makes a steal flicks to Delly, inside to Forman, and one. Up two with seconds left

Reply #247948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah exciting finish, great game

Reply #247949 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yep - big play by AJ!

Come on Boomers!

Reply #247950 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Boomers win by 1

Reply #247951 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

By 2 I mean

Reply #247952 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Boy Goorj won't be happy - beaten by a junior Australian team!

Reply #247953 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

My chinese isn't the best - and my beef stroganoff isn't too good either - but I think Australia defeated the Singapore Slingers in the red by a point or two. Exciting stuff. If anyone wants to translate the games, it'd be greatly appreciated. ;-)

Reply #247954 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

At least I could watch it! Some big steals, offensive rebounding and a couple of late threes got the Boomers over the line.
Looking forward to seeing a box score (even if it is in Chinese!).

Reply #247956 | Report this post

Baggins  
Years ago

box score?

Reply #247957 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

The picture was very hard to watch and the Chinese commentary was almost unbearable but I think I have a grip on the final few plays.

With less than 55 seconds to go the Boomers throw it in and find Oscar Forman with a decent look but has it just rim out. Chinese then use up some time and with 20 seconds to go shoot a missed three. Missed the following few seconds but when the clip resumed China had the ball and Ogilvy picked off a pass at the top which he flicked to Delly on a scattered three on one who then found Forman down low for a very soft and one. Terrible foul from the Chinese player. Forman makes the bucket and from what I could gather, despite a time out the Chinese miss the game winner with 5 seconds to score from a half way in-bounds.

Reply #247958 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Box score should be up on the Chinese website within the next 30-60min if yeterday's experience is anything to go by.

Reply #247959 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The last Boomer's score as you outlined Johnson is spot-on.

However after a time-out ad advanced throw-in in their front court, the Boomers used a foul immediately with 5.1 seconds left. The next inbound pass came in and the Chinese didn't even get a shot away as we stole it from them after the inbounds pass.

Offensive rebounding (a surprise considering our efforts against NZ) and a couple of big threes down the stretch helped get the Boomers in touch with a chance.

Reply #247960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chinese team starting lineup: Hu Xuefeng, Wang Lei, Ding Jinhui, Wang, Li Xiaoxu

Reply #247962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aussies are now in the final. Play Angola tomorrow.

Turkey beat Angola 60-37 today.

Final will be between Australia and the winner of the China v Turkey game played tomorrow.

Reply #247963 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

So who of the following is likely to be apart of a Boomers team at the World Champs:

Stephen Weigh (doubtful, next Olympics)
Forman (No chance)
Harvey (Can shoot so a chance)
Dellavedova (Big chance at PG)
Martin (zero chance)
Schenscher (small chance due to depth)
Rush (like him, maybe a spot there)
Majok (showed a few things tonight, wait and see)
Crawford (unlikely although maybe the best defender)
Holmes (no chance, should not be there now)
Neville (unlikely due to depth but is 7-2 and young)

Only Dellavedova and Harvey in my eyes seem any chance of securing a spot. And both are unlikely.

Mills / Gibson
Newley / Ingles
Barlow / Worthington
Andersen / Nielsen
Bogut / Jawai

Reply #247964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You forgot AJ Ogilvy, I think you'd have to find a place for him at the very least, more then likely if he has a good season this year in the NCAA he'll declare for the draft and go 1st round, maybe even a lottery pick.

Unless Jawai improves alot I can't see him as being a lock as backup to Bogut either

Reply #247965 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

AJ is a big chance to the Boomers team at the 2010 World Champs. I like his game and ability to score and make things happen.

BA game recap: http://linky.com.au/sxgwv

Reply #247975 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

China seemed to have 6 from their 2008 Olympic squad including two from past NBA rosters: Wang Zhizhi started and Sun Yue came off the bench for 28 minutes.

An auto-translate of the boxscore reveals some amusing results: Delavau Cordova, Oscar Fuao Man, Pi Teke Crawford, Oje Falvey, Village Eminem - Rush, Stephen dimension, Helms, Eteerma York, Rotary Snow Fall.

Ogilvy 18 and 5
Harvey 17/4/4
Majok 10 and 4
Forman 8 and 7
Rush 5
Crawford 4
Weigh 4
Dellavedova 3
Martin 3
Holmes 2
Schenscher 2

Reply #247985 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Some absolute classic translations there Isaac! I haven't worked out Rotary Snowfall though. Who is that? Has to be one of Schensch, Harvey or Martin I suppose? Hope its Big Luke and he comes back to play for the Sixers. I'll be calling him the Big Rotary Snowfall for the rest of his career!

Nice turnaround for the Boomers after the Kiwi flogging. I gave them no chance before, so they deserve some props for knuckling down and winning both games so far.

Ogilvy is quickly establishing himself and looks like he will be hard to leave out of the Boomers team for the Worlds. For those who saw the game, is he scoring more because without Jawai he is now the primary go to guy in the paint?

Good to see Harvey turn things around and put up some good numbers. He was awful earlier this week in the limited minutes he got against NZ.

Well done to Oscar as well, for going out and grabbing 7 rebounds and scoring the winning points by the sound of it.

Would love to see our boys knock off Angola and then win the final (probably against China I'm guessing). That would definitely ease the pain of losing to the Kiwis.

Reply #247987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just dont think they knew how to use AJ properly in the NZ series, he got to a bad start in the first NZ game and that effected him the whole game.

Angola shouldnt be a big issue so Id expect Brown to use some of the guys who havent played as many minutes to give our main guys time to rest for the Final on Monday, so hopefully we'll get to see more of Ater Majok play and hopefully Hugh Greenwood can get some playtime.

Reply #247990 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Snowfall is Schensch, yes. The BA article links to video footage from the games. The Chinese service with boxscores and video material has been great.

Reply #247991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone else concerned that Harvey's "good numbers" comprise of 11 of 32 shooting (34%) over the two games including 7 of 23 (30%) from downtown? Seems like Brown has given him the green light and he is repaying him with questionable shot selection ala Jingles in Ramsay Game Two.

Reply #247998 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:40 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754