mr black
Years ago

Jackson & Ellis to the Mavs?

Rumour is that both Stephen Jackson and Monta Ellis could be traded to Dallas Mavs for a bunch of expiring contracts

Topic #20888 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

ESPN Reports Jackson was out and wishes to head to a contender: http://linky.com.au/0duwu

Reply #248081 | Report this post

blazemember  
Years ago

if that happened, mavs would have 2 nbl players on thir roster. jackson and jawai.

Reply #248088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it is rubbish a player like Stephen Jackson can decide to jump ship and get traded to a contending team. If you choose to go to a poor team for a big contract then see it out.

But on the otherhand, the Mavericks are making major moves to get this thing down.

Think of this line-up.
Kidd, JJ Barera.
Jackson, Ellis.
Howard, Marion.
Nowitzki, Jawai.
Gooden, Hollins.

I think the expiring contracts will be Eric Dampier, Antoine Wright and Jerry Stackhouse's.

Reply #248100 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

And Jawai's contract expires after this season.

Reply #248102 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Wright and Stackhouse were traded for Marion.
Expirings would be Buckner, Jawai, Shawne Williams and JJ Barea. Humphries is only a year longer as well.

The Mavs think they can use Damp's contract to get a Star player next offseason, so unless they think Jackson or Ellis are STAR players they won't include Damp.

Jackson and ellis for Buck, Hump, JJ, Williams and Carroll saves GSW alot of money over 4 years and a $4-5 mil next season.
But they obviously lose a lot of talent and 18ppg.

Now if GSW wanted to totally dump contracts and traded Jackson, Ellis and Biendris for Buckner, Williams, Hump, Jawai and Damp!!!!! :)

Reply #248110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is also a rumor about him going back to spurs
for Bonner, Finley, Mamni and 1st round draft pick
would make spurs tough to beat

Paker/Hill
JACKSON/MANU
RJ/MASON
TIMMY D/BLAIR
DICE/RALIF

Reply #248124 | Report this post

mr black  
Years ago

I think the likely candidates to be traded to the Warriors if the deal happens are Buckner, Williams, Hump, Jawai, and Carroll. They may also need to include Ross or one of the rookies to make the money work.

I really hope they manage to get this deal done.

Reply #248151 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:57 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754