Bizzy
Years ago

Schenscher to Wildcats

Am hearing that Schenscher will be announced as Perth's newest signing.

Topic #20901 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Instead of the second import Theron Smith. Good to see him stay in the league, even if it's with a rival. Won't be too upset if he has to depart mid-season to a European deal though! ;)

Reply #248168 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Great news if true.

Beveridge went big with Knight and Khazzouh, but those guys are a lot more mobile than Rogers and Schenscher. Interesting to see if he plays them together. Either is a quality starter.

Imagine this would be an approx $150K for full season deal? What would be the Wildcats cut off date for him to leave for Europe do you think Isaac? I wouldnt have thought any later than mid-November would be acceptable for them.

Line up of Rogers, Cattalini, Redhage, Lisch, Martin
Schenscher, Wagstaff, Weigh, Williamson, Robbins

is championship quality (providing Weigh and Wagstaff continue to improve), and would give most teams worldwide troubles.

If Lisch cant improve his field goal shooting, will Beveridge go for a taller, more athletic two man?

Reply #248176 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Good news for Luke, since he has to earn some money somehow, but disappointing from the Sixers point of view, because once again a local big man with league dominating potential has been lost interstate.

Its certainly not the Sixers fault, because Luke thought he'd be going to Europe and they couldn't wait on him, but I'd hate to see him end up making a career of it at Perth just like Rogers did.

Reply #248183 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

A very popular South Australian. It will always be interesting to follow him.

(While Hodge's name keeps being linked to the Tigers
interesting to follow.)

Reply #248185 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

Reply #248188 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Rotary Snow Fall might be a better name than big ranga

Reply #248189 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think the Tigers want either Hodge or Donta Smith. Either way, it will move them up to the level of NZ and Perth.

Reply #248194 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Good luck to him. It is a shame that we didn't secure him. Contract negotiations! who needs them??

A bird in the hand is worth the in the bush

Reply #248198 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Perth's roster looks big and imposing, only matched in height by the Tigers. Sould be some very strong teams this season with NZ and the 6ers looking good too.

Reply #248203 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Great to see him in action but how many rebounds will the Wildcats get. Schensch, Rogers, Redhage.

Reply #248204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Donta Smith would be a good fit for the Tigers.

Reply #248205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how long is the contract? just the year?

Reply #248206 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Donta Smith = Instant Salary Cap breach.

And, yes, before anyone starts....I was well aware of that last year as well.

Reply #248217 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

would be great to see Donta Smith back in the league...even if it is for the Tigers

Reply #248239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great for the Wildcats.

He would be more suited in a 36ers singlet!!!!!

Good for the NBL

Reply #248247 | Report this post

ronnymac  
Years ago

Martyn
lisch
Redhage
Smith
Big tomato Sauce

Bench

Robbins
Weigh
williamson
Cattalini
Rogers

Imagine this lineup for short bursts

lisch
Weigh
Redhage
Rogers 7 footer
Big tomato sauce 7 footer

Reply #248250 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Good luck to Luke if the news is correct. The Perth front court will be hard to contain.

Lets just hope the new administrators are proactive about policing the cap this season to ensure all teams are within the cap.

Perth & NZ seem to have strong rosters / depth compared to some of the other teams IMO.

Reply #248256 | Report this post

ronnymac  
Years ago

Pardon me, take smith out of my lineup please. more like

Martyn
lisch
Cattalini
Redhage
Big Red

Bench

Robbins
williamson
weigh
wagstaff
Rogers

Reply #248261 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

looks like a solid and deep team, i reckon scoring from the pg position may be their only problem but if Lisch is a keeper and can fill some minutes in that role they will be fine.
Pity Schensch aitn a 6er but i wish him all the best, i still think we made the right move, if we hadnt had signed burston and Schensch did go to Europe we woulda been stuffed, so all the best Schensch n as a 6er fan ill b getting behind Burston

Reply #248274 | Report this post

ronnymac  
Years ago

I agree our PG lacks firepower, but our frontcourt is probaly the biggest ans most intimatading frontline in the league offensivley. we got

Redhage automatic 18-9 type player
Schenscher automaic 18-10 type player
Ccattalini automatic 14-6 type player
rogers automatic 14 and 10 type player
weigh will be a much improved prospect.
wagstaff is touted as rookie of the year candidate.
lisch will be a automatic type 16 and 5 type player.

Reply #248283 | Report this post

ronnymac  
Years ago

Big Red should play in darwin.also 10 news showed he's little altarcation with now teammate martin cattalini of last season where cat supposedly pulled he's pony tail.

Reply #248306 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Great to see him stay in this league and not too upset if he goes elsewhere. His injury woes do tend to stick with him making him a bit of gamble. For that reason, I don't think Adelaide has lost too much in not getting him back. He is popular in Adelaide and not doubt the Adelaide crowd will get behind him and cheer him regardless of who he plays for.

Reply #248311 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

And to think if Adelaide had given Luke a Euro outclause up until about now, HE WOULD BE A 36er.... oh well wasnt meant to be. Man i got to follow 3 teams now, thank god the foctel coverage is going to be a little bit better!

Reply #248313 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nino, and if he got a Euro gig, then what?

You're just sad that you couldn't combine your two great loves. ;)

Reply #248323 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

so what now for the big life size pic on the wall? Really sad to see him go, wish him the best but will kill me seeing him on another team.

Reply #248334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Makes for some tough cover's for opposing teams. Think about the team I follow the Crocodiles defending Perth.

Redhage 203cm, 103kg, Cattalini 200cm, 100kg, Rogers 214cm, 118kg, Schenscher 216cm, 113kg, Wagstaff 206cm, 100kg, Weigh 200cm, 98kg.

Hinder 208cm, 100kg, Hoare 201cm, 100kg, Dowdell 204cm, 99kg, Williamson 196cm, 98kg, Roberts 200cm, 108kg.

Townsville guards are a lot bigger excluding Steve Weigh but Redhage, Rogers, Schenscher, Wagstaff will all have distinct height and weight advantages.

Worrying times for a Crocodile

Reply #248345 | Report this post

ronnymac  
Years ago

Perth's much feared WALL is back with vengence. the PF/C rotation of Redhage, Schenscher, rogers and cattalini is as big and good as it gets.but i still worry about how thin we are at the SG/SF.

Reply #248347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"so what now for the big life size pic on the wall?"

Just stick a Burston one over the top of it. If no good just slip Jason Williams a pineapple each game to stand next to it for the whole night. Kids can have a bit fun with him, gives him something to, everyone wins.

Reply #248349 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti says it's all happening:

Schenscher, 216cm, will continue in the NBL after all, despite rejecting a Sixers' contract offer which included both NBA and European "out" clauses, advised by his management to again pursue his career overseas.

Yes, Luke will be a Wildcat

He's expected to travel straight to Darwin from China to suit for the Cats in the Top End Challenge.

Reply #248360 | Report this post

ronnymac  
Years ago

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sports/a/-/other/5906189/schenscher-completes-wildcats-

It's official. interesting to see we are planning to make him a franchise player.

Reply #248422 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Isaac we would be in a position, with money, to get a Burston type. Its just a shame how it all worked out....ive always hated the Wildcats hahaha

Reply #248431 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What Burston type? They're all overseas already!

Reply #248439 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

What do you mean Isaac? There's NBL championship centres lining up at Centrelink as we speak!

Reply #248445 | Report this post

ronnymac  
Years ago

With rampton going to cairns, most good or above average centers are now employed.

Reply #248457 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754