Isaac
Years ago

Burston and Hill injury updates

The 36ers weekly media mail-out notes that Burston's injury is a sprained ACL and he is due back in action in around two weeks. Spotted him at the ABL Grand Final on Saturday night and he didn't seem to be struggling at all to walk.

Brad Hill's foot injury will be tested on court, presumably this week. He made it along to the ABL games as well, as did at least four SOS 36ers co-owners that I spotted.

Two more pre-season games this week see Adelaide up against the Top End champs Wollongong, in Whyalla on the 11th and then at the Dome on Sunday the 13th. Remember that this game serves as an opportunity to pick-up season tickets and get half-price on entry, making it $5 for adult members. Don't forget to bring ID.

Topic #20951 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

Is there any word on our U/23 yet isaac?

Reply #248808 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They have someone in mind, but still in the works.

Reply #248814 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Patrick Mills is only 21!!!!! :)

When is he due back from injury??

Reply #248818 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Maybe a good idea to bring back the Sixers Newsletter. Info like that could easily be emailed out to all members?

Reply #248820 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Isaac, it wouldn't happen to be a guard from ABL grand final..............

Reply #248857 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Missed most of the top U23 prospects I would've thought. Excuse my ignorance but is Garlepp too old? If not, he is the man for the Sixers, Seebohm, Orr, Molitor and co. are not yet up to it in my eyes

Reply #248860 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Garlepp is too old.

Neither Seebohm or Molitor did much in Darwin it seems. I don't hold high hopes for the under 23 player.

Reply #248862 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Flinders - nope.

I think they're big fans of Garlepp, but unfortunately he is too old for the U23 rule.

Reply #248865 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Fake his birth certificate. Worked for Dikembe.

Reply #248869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Garlepp is too old for the U23 spot why is he here playing with us? To sure up one of those all important DP spots? I read somewhere he supposedly turned down a full-time spot with another team and a DP spot back with Perth.

Reply #248875 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Reading a topic about Burston and Hill injuries, with Burston's sprained ACL, and this ad appears on the page. Someone better tell Scott it takes 6 weeks to heal with Cold Laser Therapy. Ouch!

Reply #248877 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I'm toey to get to the Dome on Sunday.
I will miss seeing Burston playing.
Cooper is playing the best I've seen him.
Holmes is playing well. Just his shooting is ummmm..
inconsistent....
Garlepp doesn't look outta place playing with them.
They will miss Burston though.

Reply #248889 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Garlepp has earnt himself the 11th spot on the roster and will basically train with the team as long as he is in Adelaide. His girlfriend plays for the Lightning so that is why he wanted to be here. He will be in the Sixers team next year is what I am hearing.

Reply #248891 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:27 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754