Anon
Years ago

AIS trials

Any word on how the girls are travelling?

Topic #20957 | Report this topic

Love the sausage  
Years ago

Mate, they only arrived on the weekend....let them unpack 1st.

Reply #248828 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If your contemplating your kid going, without doubt talk to the kids and parents that have been or are still there. Know of 2 girls (NSW i think) not happy with new regime.

Reply #248835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have to trial for a spot now?

Reply #248848 | Report this post

why  
Years ago

Why are they not happy with the new regime (phil brown) heard he trains a lot harder, than Dean.

Reply #248886 | Report this post

Amanda Jones  
Years ago

Funny enough Phil is actually doing his job and some are struggling to cope with the change! He may well be taking out his frustrations with the previous management on those who have stayed on and that may not be fair. However if they want to be the best then they need to work for it. I say go hard Phil and develop some great players and hopefully great people as well.

Reply #248892 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Totally agree, Phil is certainly tougher.....New group will need to be prepared to put in many tough days...then again,,,,,if really want it your right wont be an effort. Make sure your not a home bod!

Reply #248900 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Heard Tippett not going...next year either! Mind you she doesnt need too really.......why would she disrupt her home life if didnt have to!!

Reply #248901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

imagine that...hard work making people better?! Preposterous! I thought it was talent and being a total prick that got you far in this game...

Reply #248902 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Dont be suprised which ones may be sent packing

Reply #248903 | Report this post

mitre  
Years ago

Let's just hope they pick a few guards with any remote talent. We still have no one to replace Harrower.

And im praying that Brown has enough sense to stop picking players merely on their athleticism.
Sure, if there are legitimate 'athletic' talents in the 2/3 position then by all means pick them, but all the girls currently at the institute are clones; they were all picked because they have the perfect 'basketball' type of build, [tall and athletic] but not necessarily because they have the skills to back it up when push comes to shove. Who gives a crap if they can jump out of the stadiu, if they can't play defense and can't put the ball in the hoop!

Look back to the old days at the tute. Players like Zoe Carr, an AIS grad, who certainly didn't have that athletic build, but still got selected because she could get it done! It seems to me that if Dean had a choice between and 6ft 20pts10rbs forward and a 6ft3 beanpole who is lucky to scrape down 10pts5rbs, he'd choose the latter.

I know that we need to get players into the Tute who have the potential to become stars, but surely we also need to get players in there who are legit players RIGHT NOW, no matter what they look like.

Reply #248910 | Report this post

why  
Years ago

Has brown sent anyone packing yet for not performing at the AIS?

Reply #248912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The list is out for the next development camp, Tippett added (I know Tippett was there at previous camp but not listed in the original 25 girls), Wilson added and Nicholson from NSW not on list, does anyone know why she wouldn't be returning.

Reply #248914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about big mijovic from vic metro,is she still injured?

Reply #248924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Mijovic was injured she would be still on the list to attend, Nicholson not there either and three added although Tippett would be going regardless.

Reply #248932 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

why would tippett not be going? She's not that good, she's raw and has athleticism she needs development othwerwise she will become wasted potential.
mitre i think the opposite, I think Dean chose for the right now rather than thinking about potential opals. Zoe Carr is never and was never going to be an opal shes too small and solid for her position, the AIS would be better to pick and develop girls with the attributes required to be senior international players.

Reply #248935 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Still comes down to who your state chief pushes for.
Definately pushes the tall, athletic........agree forget about the body.....pick the heart and desire somewhere in that at least.
Think Richards was sent home....
Last camp one injured first training.....too full on..... A qld girl not well I've heard...... How long do they persist with the 'injury prone'??

Reply #248972 | Report this post

ACT  
Years ago

H.Richards sent home to continue Rehab due to ACL injurie suffered at the AIS.
Will try out for gems next year, onced recovered from injury.

Reply #248975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The kids should be back by now, any news on how they went or any offers.

Reply #249020 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Home for the weekend??? All I can say is be 110% sure you wanna go

Reply #249168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has no one got any news on how the kids went or if any offers were on the table???

Reply #249892 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Offers would have or are currently being made. They are not to tell people, all hush hush for while.
Tippett definately not going. New guy is real tuff!

Reply #250069 | Report this post

BMR1  
Years ago

Any news yet on selections for Scholarships, I see the boys have finalised theirs......what is the hold up on the girls???

Reply #252820 | Report this post

Ceres 94  
Years ago

Phil new coach really tuff - thats what you want isnt it - To train the girls to be future opals. I know for a fact that some girls like him and his training and are working hard.

Rebecca Cole is advertising she has a scholorship for next year. Hasnt been announce on BA or ais web site yet.

Tippett been having individuals with coach the last month i guess to try and convince her to move there.
Good player, tall but not strong may need to learn a new position. heard she turned it down a couple of times . She mustnt want to go.... Coaches should look at someone else who really wants it.....

Reply #252846 | Report this post

BMR1  
Years ago

Rebecca Cole
Sara Blicavs
Georgia Minear
Olivia Thomson

Is this it, is Phil asking anyone else and does anyone know when he will be doing this?
When will we see the girls listed above on BBA and AIS website.
Why is it taking so long?

Reply #253688 | Report this post

BMR1  
Years ago

Rebecca Cole
Sara Blicavs
Georgia Minear
Olivia Thomson

Is this it, is Phil asking anyone else and does anyone know when he will be doing this?
When will we see the girls listed above on BBA and AIS website.
Why is it taking so long?

Reply #253689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that all that got scholarships. I thought they took more than that on each year

Reply #253730 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I heard on the grape vine that they were taking 8-9 girls, so why has he only asked 4 so far??

Does anyone know what is happening?

Reply #253860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my guess would be that there have been more offered but have not accepted

Reply #253929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No I think you will find only 4 going early there may be some more early next year

Reply #253946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would they not have announced it if there is only four ?

Reply #253967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If more yearly next year why have they not been notified or have they? If not why not?

Reply #253984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as above

Tippett been having individuals with coach the last month i guess to try and convince her to move there.
Good player, tall but not strong may need to learn a new position. heard she turned it down a couple of times . She mustnt want to go.... Coaches should look at someone else who really wants it.

Reply #254147 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:40 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754