Anonymous
Years ago

Game night tickets

Does anyone know when game night tickets will go on sale? I hear that they're not sold through Venuetix anymore and that they can be purchased online this season.

Topic #21020 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope this link works, but this is where you purchase tickets.

http://linky.com.au/uk3hl

Reply #249738 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

36ers vs Breakers

Tickets On Sale From:
Monday, 21 September 2009
9:00:00 AM AUS EST

Reply #249741 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Couple of things re tickets.
Why can they not be purchased now, a great pre-season game, plenty of media attraction news & radio coverage now is the time fans would start to think of grabbing a ticket to the home opener?
New website is launched, season launch teaser is up but if a fan starts to get excited or interested in going they are told not for sale until 21st Sept?
The chances of them remembering, returning to purchase or forgetting until the next big news item maybe after a few games draws their attention again?

Secondly the company that is selling the tickets website comes across as pretty poor - I have never heard of them but hope they have some sort of store/newsagent selling outlets?
Any professional website for a business that needs to run google ads and banner ads to create an income is a worry and looks unprofessional (no offense to Hoops Isaac as one can understand sites need to be funded.)

Unfortunately very un-impressed by the ticketing option there. Especially considering the level of professionalism and enthusiasm that has been shown so far in every other aspect of the SOS team. This choice seems a weird one.

Perhaps a bit of research has been done and Venuetix sales were not very high, mainly season ticket and walk ups - this may explain this decision in a way but in the age of internet selling your product online should be a easy and professional option for all businesses.

Reply #249762 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Further to that showed the ticket site to a couple of others and things mentioned
- Is it a scam site
- Looks fake
- Why do they only sell Newcastle Jets and Adelaide 36ers?
- Why wouldn't you just buy them through the club site or league site?

Reply #249763 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

DJ it appears Sixers tickets will be sold through 'Pro ticket', which incidentally is a northern NSW based agency (ie Newcastle Jets and various local rugby clubs throughout the region.)

It seems incredible the sixers are using such a small agency.

Reply #249766 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

I think PROticket actually now handle the entire ticketing system - including if you buy them through the clubs website, and even in person at the Dome. I believe they have the exclusive rights for the stadium - I think the deal Venuetix were proposing wasn't very favourable (perhaps part of the reason the club got to where it did in the first place?).

Also sell Newcastle Knights as well as Jets, as they are currently the stadiums they have rights over - the Dome and whatever that stadium is in Newcastle. Give them time, I think they will become a big enough player when they get their foot in the door - I'm sure they are looking at getting agencies in and about the place.

The thing I like the most is that you can purchase a game ticket, and print it yourself at home - no need to have it posted or pick it up!

Reply #249767 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

I hate to break it to you but venuetix only sold from 2 outlets outsid of the dome and my mail is they are a company in a world of trouble, maybe the sos no something that people on here of little faith don't.

Reply #249768 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Venutix had 13 metropolitan outlets last year, excluding the dome .

Reply #249770 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Venuetix deal wasn't overly favourable, AFAIK.

Reply #249775 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

So what is a family ticket? How many adults and kids?

Reply #249777 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

The thing I like the most is that you can purchase a game ticket, and print it yourself at home - no need to have it posted or pick it up!

You couldn't do this previously? Pressumed this was the norm these days.

I have no problem with changing and moving away from Venuetix, the bigger ticketing agencies often take too much as a ticket/handling fee. Just to me the ProTicket website comes across as very un-pro and the fact you cant purchase tickets yet, what would be the reason behind this?

Giving them time is also fine, but should a ticketing business require banner and google advertising on their own business website.

Reply #249785 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I've got a query about the Season Tickets, if anyone can answer.

I bought a Courtside Season ticket and part of the package was a parking pass for the season; however there was no slip, or sticker etc. for that.

Are we meant to just flash the season pass to the ticket guys on game day and they let us in? or was the pass meant to be picked up from somewhere else at the game this past Sunday?

Reply #249789 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

Big Marty, sounds like a question for the sixers not the forum and before we bag them to much is it there choice or does the stadium owner decide a ticketing company. Who cares what their site looks like right now if its easier to do at home and easy to use. 13 venuetix outlet ...correct not all of them sold tickets to the basketball though!!

Reply #249790 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Buy a ticket and print it at home sounds a good concept. Is it unique or the norm?

Reply #249807 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

FM - Family Ticket is two adults and two children under 14.

Reply #249809 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

Big Marty - my understanding is that the parking tickets weren't available yet - I think they will be posting them soon.

Reply #249813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hems so which member of the SOS or SOS member family are you?

Pretty obvious your on the inside.

Reply #249814 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Cheers Isaac

Reply #249817 | Report this post

Deimos 86  
Years ago

I think the club chose the ticket deal and not the dome.

Reply #249818 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, or works for the club, or has already asked the same question. If the question gets answered, why get so worked up over who's done it? I try to help out by answering questions all the time and I am not part of SOS or family.

Deimos, might've been a bit of both? I don't think the decisions would've been entirely at the discretion of the club?

Reply #249819 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

"Who cares what their site looks like right now if its easier to do at home and easy to use."

Robbo my point was if the website comes across as unprofessional or unreliable will patrons still throw their credit card details across it as easily. There is still a big concern with a large part of our population over internet scamming, credit card fraud etc etc and the media don't help over publicising individuals misfortune that normally can be avoid by some common sense.

"Buy a ticket and print it at home sounds a good concept. Is it unique or the norm?"

Camel31 it has been an option that reduces the handling/ticketing fee charged by Ticketek and Ticketmaster (two of the major ticketing outlets for Syd/Melb) for at least two years now possibly 3 or 4 or even 5.

Reply #249827 | Report this post

Triton  
Years ago

Robbo I think you're confused. In the past Finals tickets were only available from three outlets. But I've personally bought 36ers tickets in the past from a number of Venuetix outlets including one in the country. I think you'll find they were available at all Venuetix outlets for regular season games.

Reply #249831 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

SOS member - I wish. Don't have that kind of money rolling around in my bank account. I do know a few of the guys there fairly well, and yep, Isaac summed it up - I've asked them those questions. I think if you bump into the guys, you'd find they are pretty happy to share their thoughts with you themselves.

Besides, your the one posting anonymously, who's to say your not a SOS member!

Reply #249870 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah it's a wierd looking site, but after the footy season, anything's gotta be better than bloody Ticketmaster.

Reply #249877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

only places i could buy from venutix last year was the dome, thebby theatre or marion

Reply #249878 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

HEMS is right the car park tickets didn't arrive in time to be given out at the trial game and will be posted out as soon as they do come in. Everyone who bought a car park ticket and asked about it at the trial game was told this from the people giving out the season tickets

Reply #249897 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

Triton, thanks for the suggestion but no confusion here tickets were not available at all venuetix outlets, so there lack of access far from the dome is actually worse than print off your own at home !!

Reply #249904 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:30 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754