Zone
Years ago

Hoops news - Jordan Hall of Fame

MICHAEL Jordan, perhaps basketball's greatest player, has been enshrined in the Hall of Fame, thanking those who fueled his competitive fire.

"I'd do anything to win," Jordan said, defining the key characteristic that led him to six National Basketball Association titles, five NBA Most Valuable Player Awards and two Olympic gold medals.

Topic #21026 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

POintless post

Reply #249846 | Report this post

Zone  
Years ago

As a JOrdan fan since I was in my early 30's I do not share your thoughts.
If you don't like the post then ignore it and move on with your life

Great to see him recognised with this award

Go MJ

Reply #249848 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Good work Zone, I had heard absolutely nothing leading up to this event. Internet is so against basketball on our planet.

Reply #249852 | Report this post

Jesus  
Years ago

Bit old and if you read his speech it shows what a shallow man who cant get over the past, and be happy with his current success. Just bagged eveyone in his speech totally classless lost a lot of respect for the person.

Reply #249857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It must be hard to get the news when you live under a rock!

Reply #249859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did he bag anyone? I don't understand. I just saw/listened to the speech on youtube, can't see what all the fuss is about, he is a competitor, that's all there is to it.

Or maybe he should have got a speech writer to come up with a speech for him and read off some rubbish that everybody throught was really nice but didn’t mean anything.

Reply #249863 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Agree anon. Jesus you are a knob jockey.

Reply #249974 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ESPN writer rips into Jordan over his speech:

In the entire 23-minute cringe-athon, there were only six thank yous, seven if you count his sarcastic rip at the very Hall that was inducting him. "Thank you, Hall of Fame, for raising ticket prices, I guess," he sneered. By comparison, David Robinson's classy and heartfelt seven-minute speech had 17. Joe Montana's even shorter speech in Canton had 23. Who wrote your speech Mike? Kanye West?

Not that Jordan's speech wasn't from the heart. It was. It's just that Jordan's heart on this night could give you frostbite. Nobody was spared, including his high school coach, his high school teammate, his college coach, two of his pro coaches, his college roommate, his pro owner, his pro general manager, the man who was presenting him that evening, even his kids!

Be like Mike? No thanks

Reply #249992 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:48 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754