Anonymous
Years ago

Why large $ increase for individual 36ers tickets?

Why are individual tickets so expesive!? A family ticket is extremely cheap but my family has one child over 14 so that ticket isnt an option. It now costs us around $90 to go to a 36ers game when it used to cost around $60-$70. This will reult in us going to less games because there is only so much money we can afford to put towards going to the basketball, as much as we love it. Why the huge spike in tickets prices!? (excluding family ticket)

Topic #21030 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd guess it's to make a season ticket more valuable but not sure. If you have specific feedback, be sure to email or call the club.

Reply #249915 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

Please qualify "huge spike" in ticket prices.

Reply #249918 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pre-purchase looks a bit more, but seems that you can avoid the booking fee that Venuetix used to have.

Reply #249926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the gold section:

Concess went from $17 to $25
Adult went from $22 to $30
Child went from around $9 (i think) to $15

Using my family as an example:

Last season family cost: $65
This season family cost: $95

Thats more than a significant increase ESPECIALLY seeing as the games are 8 minues shorter as well.

Reply #249932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac what exactly do you mean? According to the 36ers website is says Pre-Purchase is cheaper than Walk-Up.

Reply #249934 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

How much of the price rise for your family is affected by the child above 14? You can't "blame" the club for your child no longer qualifying for a junior discount.

Also, as the game is now 15% shorter, do you think the cost of running the game on match day has reduced by 15% also?

Reply #249935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That child hasnt been able to qualitfy us for a season ticket for a few years so we normally buy individual tickets for each of us. My point is that this year we have to pay $35 more as a family and the only tickets which havent gone up significantly is the family one which remains cheap.

Reply #249936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We NEVER bought a family ticket, the price rise isnt at all due to one child getting too old. The price rise for our family is that the prices for each individual ticket has gone up.

Reply #249937 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, was talking about pre-purchase being more than they were last year.

I think last year, Gold concession was $20 (bit higher for phone and internet and they had a $2.20 booking fee on top). Adult was $25. No doubt those prices have gone up but, as I said, I think they are trying to really reward those who commit early to buying a season ticket.

As always, the family tickets are good value - for the same price as two adults, you can essentially take two kids for free (in either Gold or Silver zones). $55 for 2A+2C in Silver is pretty decent value.

Reply #249938 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, I take it that you have two concessions, an adult and a child. That was $74 last year I think?

This year, obviously still a price rise, but instead of getting the same tickets, you could get a family ticket and an extra concession. That comes to $85 (less than the $95 you mentioned) and you'd have a spare ticket for your child to bring a friend.

Reply #249940 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Pretty simple i think................commit to the team and buy a season ticket!!
- you can rock up any time because you get your own seats
- you get 4 games for free
- you get first dibs at finals tickets (and we will be playing finals this year)!!

Reply #249942 | Report this post

Number 44  
Years ago

I can't go to all the games thru out the season as they clash with too many Christmas social functions.

I think the price rise is due to the fact that to get sponsorship is harder then ever due to the economic meltdown. That is the who idea of sponsors to bring some funds in so members/supporters don't pay as much.

Reply #249943 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

I understand that some families are trying to tighten their belts and may have to miss out but the clubs have no choice. They have their own bottom lines to think of, the cost of running the games is NEVER going to get cheaper so the costs must be absorbed in the ticket prices.

It's not like any club is swimming in the cash and greedily chasing a few extra dollars from the mums and dads.

Reply #249945 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

I agree that it is a lot of money to commit every year, but it is worth every cent. $320 for a gold ticket or $675 for a family ticket - that's less than $2 a day. You can't even get a cup of coffee or a beer for that.

Even sharing tickets with someone eles who can't attend every game.

Reply #249948 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

They did a try 5 thing last season didn't they? I'm guessing they'll do something similar.

Reply #249950 | Report this post

Wow  
Years ago

just added up that 2 concession 1 adult and 1 kid can go to a game for $75 when last year it was $74, yep HUGE price increase that.

Reply #249958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The increase in individual tickets helped us make the decision to renew our season tickets this year.

Reply #249965 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

The increase in individual prices helped us renew our season tickets.

And it should, great reward as a season ticket holder to get such a huge saving, if number 44 has to many xmas functions in Dec well we have 4 home games in Dec miss them all and season ticket is still cheaper.

Although an amazing coincidence that your xmas functions all fall on our 2 Saturdays and 2 Wednesdays.

Reply #249969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Wow", that is incorrect. You are mixing up silver and gold sections.

$75 this year for SILVER
$74 last year for GOLD

Reply #249977 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Stop bithen and go buy th eseason tickets....just a few cancer sticks less for you smokers and a couple few crazy nights out for you drinkers!!!

Reply #249979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea cause everyone can afford season tickets...

Reply #249982 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

i could barely afford season tickets this season, but i found a way (borrow money hahahaha) if you are a true fan nothing will get in your way from being part of the 36ers family...

And well worth the commitment:

*Its gonna be a great season

*We WILL be in the play offs

*Even individual tickets are still cheaper than taking the family out for dinner, movies etc.

(Ive got hundreds more reasons to buy tickets, but I'm at work, and need to pay off my season tickets lol)

Reply #250026 | Report this post

Number 44  
Years ago

Robbo: To tell you the truth I didn't even look at the program. Maybe I should of before I made my comment.

Reply #250033 | Report this post

K  
Years ago

We wernt going to renew this year due to finances.. thanx to Sixers Management, who were very helpful sorting us out with a payment plan and monthly instalments. Anything to do your part to support the team you love and enjoy watching. Cant wait till 1st home game!

Reply #250036 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Just wanted to say that the Wednesday Warriors option plugged by Boti in the Advertiser today looks like a solid proposition - all 4 Wednesday games for a saving of $10 per game! I'm gonna see if any of my mates is up for that.

Reply #250282 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If someone wants to support the team, they will pay $75 in silver. It's not like they are bad seats.

Reply #250301 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:38 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754