rastapasta
Years ago

Local clubs: Is Magic Engaged?

More than one rumour doing the traps about Magic getting into bed with an established district club. Are any of them true and does anyone have the facts?
One I have heard is that Woodville proposed but were turned down in favour of Wests.The other is that an established clubs is taking up residence at St Clair.
Is all this just talk or are we all getting an invite to the wedding soon?

Topic #21047 | Report this topic

mavs  
Years ago

woodville moving to st clair.

final preparations are being made, great move i reckon

Reply #250144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"woodville moving to st clair.

final preparations are being made, great move i reckon".

I heard that rumour as well.

Reply #250146 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

is this a case of 1 + 1 = 3? If Woodville are moving to St Clair, then people could be assuming. Would this mean no district ball at dome?

Weren't Magic born out of disgruntled Woodies?

Big whisper around traps is that Norwood are heading to St Bernards. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Reply #250166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some clubs are starting to plan and structure to setup domestic associations. A number of clubs will be moving venues some very big moves in the pipeline.

Reply #250184 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

I would assume woodies would still play out of the dome. St. Claire is an alright stadium but I would think the roofs are to low and the lighting to poor for a district comp.

Same with norwood moving to St. Bernards. The back stops at that place are just down right dangerous.

Reply #250189 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

St Clair is a dodgy stadium!

If they upgrade the floor, rings and backboard it would be fine

Reply #250225 | Report this post

Years ago

magic was a splinter group of persons breaking away from mainly woodville and west.

the results that magic had (some were good) would have years ago been west and woodville div 2/3/4 teams.

st clair is in a great location - but the condition of the stadium is very poor. bench location, lighting and proximity of the courts.

I dont think abl could be played on court 4 (LOL)

I would like to see west / woodville / magic girls teams all merge - you would have one super club.

but the boys have enough to keep wood / west running seperately.

st clair - yes - but you would need to put 100,000$ in to get it running ok.

Reply #250288 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

so woodville are moving to st clair
nothing on bsa to indicate this
what do you mean a merger west magic woodville be fun times getting them all together
think magic woodville are quiet comfortablwe with each other finally
west meant to looking for a staduium too
so maybe western warrior magic bearcats could be reality in green gold red black light blue with white -

Reply #250291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With BSA pushing clubs to operate their own comps it would be magic that hold all the aces already having a stadium at St Clair and if there is no merger between magic and woodville then I cant see how woodville could operate such a comp without reliable access to the dome.

Reply #250295 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

CASA run St Clair and in turn hire the facilities to their users. If somebody made a much better offer to CASA (than their current 'tenants'), they would probably have to look at it. BSA want Woodville out of the Dome and can't leave them homeless, so perhaps St Clair is attractive?

Reply #250306 | Report this post

callisto60  
Years ago

exatly right - and I can't see what aces Magic supposedly hold?

Reply #250310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Warriors are moving to st clair. We should be in before the new Abl season i beleive. could be earlier not sure. pretty sure that only 2 courts (1 and 3) will be used to provide seating on the center court for jr games and hopefully use crt 2 as an ABL court with seating around. from what i understand, the rims and backboards will be changed first of all with other upgrades happening in time. the goal is to get in there first and get established. This was also confirmed on sunday night at the woodville senior preso's and we are having our junior preso's there in a couple of weeks. good move for the warriors as we have been hanging for a true home since athol park was sold!

Reply #250311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

311. Well done, what about a merger is that on or is this a woodville only party?

Reply #250318 | Report this post

Phantom  
Years ago

This is just a question.
Merger? Honestly what can Magic bring to the table apart from players?
Magic can not get any higher then div 3 with the way the structure is at the moment.
So I would think there better players would leave anyway if wanting to play div 1 or 2.

Reply #250343 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I wonder what it going on at the Dome.

If Woodville move out, then would this not mean less rent for the Dome? Will the Dome become like AAMI stadium and be used for the odd game and finals, or just solely for NBL and WNBL?

I anticipate the court hire would be around $30,000/yr?

Reply #250362 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Hey anon 311 i think you should really check your facts out first before writing anything you really do not know about and phantom you too do not know what's really going on both clubs or all three western clubs have a lot to offer each other. Magic have more teams than Eastern Mavericks,Centrals and Torrens Valley and are only 7 teams off of Woodville. The only reason why they can not get Div 1 is because of the so called Ten Member clubs can only get Div 1. So i think that Magic has alot to offer any club they are a very close knit club and they all stick together which you do not see any more between other clubs.

Reply #250417 | Report this post

Years ago

hey ANON so what facts am i checking to be exact? you seem to have forgotten to say anything.... i have been told this by pretty high up sources so im pretty confident in my info? ill take it if im wrong but im pretty sure. BTW no merger as far as i no. just same home

Reply #250435 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ANON, I guess that we should be thankful for the one comma in there at least.

Reply #250437 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Why are Magic people always so defensive?

Reply #250439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

311, if u r right, and there is no merger, then magic are doomed with woodville taking St Clair. The magic titanics will need a place to crash by the sound of it unless wests throw them a life line?
sounds like asio and mi5 have been busy...

Reply #250455 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

lets consider it a magic trick
poof your gone -
magic

Reply #250574 | Report this post

enjoy  
Years ago

if woodville and magic merge will woodville change thier uniform and somehow have the name magic in thier nane ? what about thier history ? will it ever happen lets wait a see......

Reply #250588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic's history ... all 3 years of it?

It will be a takeover. Just like the takover which will happen down South in the not too distant future.

Reply #250589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i ment if woodville made a change to thier name ect. would the old woodville people agree to it...?

Reply #250597 | Report this post

Years ago

no simple as that

Reply #250780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville will run their own comp out of St Clair and that leaves no room for magic so if they haven't struck a deal, it's bye. bye Magic. It remains to be seen if Woodville have the expertise or people to make a success of the move or whether they stuff it up like they did their last move.

Reply #250805 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sounds like a hostile takeover could be on the cards.

Woodville to St Clair doesn't mean the end of Magic. Magic to Dome would be a strategic counterplay if they don't have room to fit both clubs in. After all, kids love playing at the Dome, don't they. Court 2 is a pain to coach on when the seats are back, but.

It would be good to see one club at the Dome unless the court hire is M A S S I V E, as the Dome is a strategic advantage to a club.

So, what is your club's strategic advantage?

Reply #250827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the dome was an asset Jack, Woodville wouldn't be going would they? Word was that trainings were cancelled every other sunday because of dome commitments.
I think you can count out a magic - dome scenario.
Magic needed to act quicker and run a sturt like sub- district comp and book out st clair but they didn't.
Magic could have tried harder to woo wests because they wont last more than another season. Neither club would be a major loss and maybe wests and woodville should join forces to field competitive numbers in their juniors.

Reply #250868 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

cancelled trainings don't suprise me

Reply #250875 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:06 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754