Isaac
Years ago

36ers Pre Game Dining: Apollo Bistro Menu

The new caterer is back with the Apollo Bistro Menu for pre-game dining at 36ers games.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any of the names suggested by fans matched up with what the caterer went with. Looking at the list, if you have any new name suggestions based on the items, it might be possible to sneak them in. I asked about a possible Burston Burger, but the kitchen is without a grill - bugger.

Maybe Coopers Beer Battered Garfish could get in there at least (assuming they use Coopers).

Since the caterer is new, I believe their plan is to start with a briefish menu for the first few games until they get into the swing of things, and then maybe add a couple more options. We'll see.

Ideally, they'd have a chicken burger, beef burger, and schnitzel up there eventually. Bit of a change from the old $70pp menu so hopefully it works well.

Topic #21052 | Report this topic

john  
Years ago

Maybe we'll see Meat Balls and Gilly's Grilledfish in the future.

Reply #250208 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

I just hope that the standard of the food is better than their spelling (Caeser Salad vs Caesar Salad, Chicken Parmigiana vs Chicken Parmiagiana and Napolateana sauce vs Napoletana sauce)!!

Seriously though, this is a great move and just what the Dome needs.

For names, there could be a Dribble Burger for the skinny people and a Double Dribble Burger for the obese.

Reply #250209 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Herb(ert) Coated Chicken Tenders is a bit of a stretch but might have to do?

Reply #250210 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

already booked a table of 10 for the first game! Does anyone know what time it closes after the game?

Reply #250211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's pretty pricey - the food better be good.

Reply #250222 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

I think the prices are similar to most

Reply #250224 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

The new caterer is Encore who look after AAMI stadium plus some SANFL sites. Hope the standard of food is better than they supply elsewhere. Also they always seem to be a bit expensive as indicated by the main meal prices.

Reply #250227 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

If you guys think thats expensive then Id suggest you give the Gold Coast a miss when considering your next holiday....

Reply #250230 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And Perth. And Apollo last year!

Touch above the new breed of dirt cheap pubs (e.g., Astor doing $10-16 options) but I suspect it would be dictated by provider and anticipated volume.

Reply #250232 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Only one vegetarian option but if they are willing to remove bacon from the Ceasar Salad then thats a plus. Prices are fine if the foods up to standard.

Will certainly consider a pre-game meal. What time does it open for meals?

Reply #250240 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

About a couple of hours beforehand, so around 5:30pm for a 7:30pm tip-off. Will get confirmation.

Reply #250245 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

You'd pay those prices for a chicken fillet in a bun and chips at vodaphone/hisense arena. Tigers prices arnt tooo bad but it is just one small kiosk serving food similar to the kiosk's around the dome.

Reply #250247 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Looks OK to me

Reply #250252 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

So if they can't make a burger because they have no grill, how are they cooking the "sirloin of beef"? Is that crumbed and deep-fried as well?

Reply #250254 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

PS I am all for this, hope it works out well for the club. Do you think you need to book or just rock up?

Reply #250257 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

hereschenes - not sure. Might be done on a flat hotplate on a cooktop and then finished in the oven?

I think you'd be safe to show up without a booking, especially early in the season unless it gets popular.

Reply #250259 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Looking at the menu, I have to be honest and say it doesn't sound overly appealing.

All I can really picture is people outback with nothing but a prep table, a deep frier and a freezer full of frozen schnitzels, pasta, chips etc. just moving them from column A to B to C.

If they had a Grill and did a variety of steaks, or something like a Curry etc. then it would be more appealing. Unfortunately with the current list, I'd still be better going to the local pub at 5:30 for a Fillet Mignion for $19 before a game.

Sorry to be a tighta** about it, but thought you'd want to know.

Reply #250262 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Mmmmmm, crumbed, deep fried, sirloin.....

Reply #250263 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Curry option is a good idea...

Reply #250264 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

i think the menu is perfect, you gotta remember its a Bistro/bar type a thing, so you don't want too much on there otherwise the prices will go higher!!!

Reply #250266 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

They do mention weekly specials at the bottom of the menu.

The pubs are able to offer "cheaper" meals because the meals are subsidised by the pokies.

All the kitchen equipment was owned by spotless and when they lost the contract they removed all their stuff from the kitchen, encore has had to totally re install the equipment I'm sure they will get what they need if the demand is there.

Reply #250267 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

i think it is gonna be popular, I've always wanted to dine up there but the $70+ kept me away!

Reply #250278 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Sturty, shame on you. A good steak should always be grilled, never crumbed deep fried! :p

Betty, Cannelloni looks like a vego option too.

Prices look fine, given that they can't cross subsidise with the one armed bandits.

Hope they get a grill for burgers and yes, a curry option is a good idea.

I'll get along before a few games.

Reply #250280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No veal parmagiana?! :(

Reply #250281 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What's happened to my Fishermans Basket(ball)? Would make a good menu item.

Reply #250432 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:36 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754