Isaac
Years ago

Funny ABL Tipping, you must sign up ASAP

The Hoops SA/CustomTel ABL Tipping competition is going to have a manic start given that games start in 4 days.

Here's the process:

1. Sign up - send me an email (if your browser doesn't like email links, copy and paste this: [email protected]) with your name/alias, email address, and a preferred password. You need to do this ASAP.

2. I'll enter you into the competition, and email you back with details on where you can head to the fixture, and send in your tips.

3. Then each week, I'll post a topic with the round's results and a reminder to get your next batch of tips. I'll also try to do this via email for those who don't regularly check the forum.

Tipping software, as I've found it, is pretty flakey. The software I'm going with is semi-manual, in that the fixture will produce a tipping string which is emailed to me for entry into the database -- that string is your name, a hash of your password and a combination of numbers that represent your tips.

It's March 1st today, and the games start on March 5th. There's not really any time for you to sit on this and get around to it later. Sign-up as soon as you read this and we'll get underway.

I believe that CustomTel are going to provide a decent prize for the competition winner, so don't miss out.

Remember, email me your name/alias, a password, and your email address.

Topic #2106 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I need to enter people into the program before they can tip. Pass this on to everyone you know who follows or plays in the ABL. Players, let your coach and team-mates know.

Reply #23839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not sure if other people are having trouble emailing you from the link you provided on your post - I am for one

Reply #23842 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well spotted, thanks. Fixed. Otherwise, just email [email protected]

Remember, I need your tipping name, email address and a password (simple, but not something that people will guess easily).

I've emailed a number of people too, so hopefully the word will spread.

Reply #23843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what do you win ;)

Reply #23860 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You'll have to wait and find out re prizes. Should be better than the Hoops SA NBL private comp prize though!

Keep the registrations coming in. I don't think anyone's going to throw a game to get a tip right, so players and coaches are obviously welcome. So far just over 25 people have emailed in their interest.

Reply #23923 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tipping numbers have almost doubled overnight and we've got a few more girls tipping now (at one stage there was only one female!).

Don't be shy, and don't put it off. You must be registered and ready to tip today (or tomorrow at the latest, preferably). Remember that I need to have time to chase up tips before Saturday!

If you're a 36ERS fan who doesn't get out to see ABL games, then change that this season. I really recommend the games -- great intensity, cheap tickets (and you get two games for that price too), you're rarely more than a few metres from the action, and it's just superb grassroots local action. On top of that, tipping the games will be a good way to keep you up with the results.

Reply #23988 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Are we supposed to have gotten an email back from you yet Isaac?

Reply #24011 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You will this afternoon or tomorrow. Planning on entering everyone into the system in a batch rather than handling it one by one.

Reply #24015 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Agreed Isaac on 6ers fans needing to get out. The best thing about walking in to an ABL stadium is that you can find youself standing next to players such as Paul Rojers etc and talk about ball in general as they watch the match. Great grassroots community feel to the game. With young stars from Brad Gerlach and Erik Burdon to old stars Mike Mckay and Nathan Hawkes.

Reply #24323 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754