Anonymous
Years ago

ipone apps

Does anyone know whether there are any iphone apps for NBL scores?

Topic #21100 | Report this topic

TC2  
Years ago

There isn't even a website for NBL scores - why would there be an iPhone app?

Reply #250715 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

PONED!

Reply #250716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get a sixers app up and running

Reply #250717 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

I was reading something about the struggles of app developers the other day. The general feeling is that to make something that is worthwhile, like an app with a link to all live sports or similar, it's going to cost money. That means a reasonable price would be a lot higher than the $1.99 minimum. However, because there are so many that do cost the minimum, the kids of iGen see anything above that price being a rip off so they won't pay anything above it as a rule.

Reply #250720 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Also keep in mind that the market here for an app (NBL- or 36ers-specific) would be ridiculously small. Can't imagine anyone could create one and hope to make a profit. Might even struggle to make back the Developer fee of US$99 or whatever it is!

Think about the market subsets:

- NBL fans
- NBL fans with iPhones
- NBL fans with iPhones who'd bother paying $2
- NBL fans with iPhones who'd bother paying $2 who'd hear that one is available

Reply #250725 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

I have heard that someone is trying to make an Aussie sports app that covers everything but the purchase price would be high. It might be good value for money but young punks today dont think like that.

Reply #250730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if only, would be soooooo usefull

Reply #250732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For this to be even possible, fox sports (or someone similar) would have to publish the statistics in a format that could be easily read by an application like this.

I've seen them with their stat applications at games, but am unsure whether the live stats would be freely available during a live game in an appropriate format.

if they were, then people like me (developers that are also into the nbl) would be interested in developing things like this!

Reply #250733 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Why wouldn't the livestats just come from FIBA livestats like it does now for webcast. One of the stats guys told me this week that Foxsports are taking their stats feed from the FIAB livestats direct at games this year.

Reply #250738 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

NBL fans with iPhones who'd bother paying $2 who'd hear that one is available and that actually want an NBL live scores app!

Reply #250751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed oden08!!

Reply #250752 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

I don't know if it will be publishing live stats, but I do know that the someone who makes iphone apps for a living (tube exits and metro sorties being two of them) has spoken to the 6ers about whether or not it's feasible to make one - don't know if it would be or not (as pointed out, target market would be small), but hey, cool idea!

Reply #250770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Market will be small in todays game, but it 12 to 24 months I would say it will be a very sweet application...

A NBL live stats one would be ideal..

Reply #250775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well fingers crossed

Reply #250791 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:40 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754