djrod
Years ago

Week 1 attendances?

Anyone know any official attendances over week 1?

NZ looked like they had close to 3500 as did Wollongong and Cairns... not sure about GC.

They are solid numbers but not great. Better than expected?

Topic #21118 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

how about fox viewers?

Reply #250894 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Last year's averaqge crowd was 3400-3500 I believe. So if the average was around that first week, with the three highest drawing teams (Perth, Adelaide, Townsville) not playing at home, that would be a good result.

I would have said New Zealand's crowd was closer to 3000.

Reply #250903 | Report this post

Hayden  
Years ago

Gold Ooast had a crowd of around 3,000 if that, and they were a little dissapointed with the turnout.

Wollongong, 3,500 about, but dissapointed as they fell 2,000 short for operation sell out, so I think they would want the round one crowd each week or be upset.

NZ, someone who went told me 2,500, but could be higher, not sure of capacity, but the side away from the camera was pretty much empty.

Cairns crowd was around average.

Numbers are a little bit dissapointing, so hopefully they will build during the season, it will be interesting to see the sixers first home game crowd and melbourne to see the crowds, before making a judgement, but i think the league would be a little bit dissapointed.

Reply #250911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

keep been optimistic, it's hard to build the way it's looking

Reply #250922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with close to 3,200 season ticket holders alone expect Adelaide's crowds to blow the rest of the league away

Reply #250962 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

the best source of attendances is here: as yet two of the games have not been updated and the season to date stuff is not working but it is the closest thing to an authority there is on Australian sports crowds.... (and for the conspiracy theorists among you...the ANZ championship numbers do not appear here .... although all major sports do).

http://linky.com.au/z3lao

Reply #251003 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

i know the cairns attendances were hampered by the afl final,driving around during the day the streets were empty.
people having a few beers during the day and not wanting to drive to the game is a big deterent.

i am sure that was the case around oz,hopefully b/a fixes that next season.
they need to give every game every chance to get a good crowd.

Reply #251089 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The AFL grand final and the NRL preliminary final on Saturday night both on Saturday would have had some affect for sure.

Reply #251091 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

cheers for that link HO that's a handy site, it'll be good to see how the numbers add up over the season!

Reply #251098 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:34 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754