Quagmire
Years ago

Boozer to remain in Utah.

Espn reporting that Boozer looks set to play for Utah this season, or at least until the trade deadline. He has been linked with so many rumours of late, but i think the jazz will do the smart thing, see how far this team can go with him and let him walk at the end of the year.

Its not like they get nothing for him either, they get cap relief they need after signing numerous player extensions, plus they have the Knicks 1st round pick in this draft which should help with the loss of talent.

I for one see Boozer playing the whole season, then walking to the bulls, heat or knicks.

Topic #21128 | Report this topic

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I think he will be a trade deadline option, for sure. They must have been underwhelmed with the offers they got for him and decided to wait for a desperate team hoping to upgrade at the deadline.

They will not want to keep him past the deadline, because he is walking for sure at the end of the season.

Reply #250977 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I'm not convinced that letting him walk at the end of the season isn't the best outcome (bar re-signing).

His salary is dumped and they still have the knicks first rounder to use for a possible replacement.

How about this- the jazz are waiting to see how the knicks record is around deadline time... see if they can afford to lose a player of his talent?

I would still love to see them trade him straight up for Rip Hamilton.

Reply #251131 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:29 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754