Beantown
Years ago

Ogilvy #6 NBA prospect in SEC 2009-10

Just spotted this write up on SEC prospects and Draft Express have him pegged at #6 in the SEC at the moment. Some negative comments in there so he's got a bit of work to do, but still looking at a possible late first rounder.

http://linky.com.au/kh1i3

Topic #21150 | Report this topic

LA Boy  
Years ago

there's always some weakness you can pick on in the scouting report, even Kobe.

Reply #251134 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agree with LA Boy. Bottom line is he knows how to work the post, and he has been working on his face up game also. If he remains healthy he will have a huge season.

Reply #251138 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I'm positive about AJ, thats why I put this up. Even though they point out some things to work on, they are still pegging him first round. If he can improve his outside shot and rebounding (we saw against NZ he can be outhustled by Pledger) this season while bolstering his stats a little, hes got a real chance to even go top 15.

Reply #251168 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Totally agree Beantown, I'm a massive wrap for AJ and have been following his collegeiate career closely. I think realistically he could go as high as 10/11 but as low as somewhere in the second round if he dioes not put up good numbers this season. I reckon he can have a blinder.
I hope with get a handful of Vandy games on One HD this year too.

Reply #251186 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Vandy games on One? That would be nice to see. Have you heard that they will show college games? Would have thought only the NCAA tourney if they do.

Reply #251210 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

One HD showed quite a few college games last year. Hoping they show more. Otherwise I'll be searching for those live streams online!

Reply #251220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vandy will be on ESPN alot more this season, the SEC signed a big tv deal with them to televise alot more of there games, so Im sure they'll be shown down here on pay tv.

The biggest prob last seasonf or AJ was two fold, his health issues, namely his heel injury and some flu issies and also he became the no.1 target for opposition teams since there wasnt really a big outside threat so they could easily double him anytime he got the ball. With John Jenkins joining the team and a years experience for some others, I fully expect AJ to have a break out season.

Reply #251457 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah I remember reading that Ogilvy had some niggling health issues last season that meant he didn't really get going until late. Might have been on the Vandy site? I forget.

Thanks for the info about Vandy getting more time on ESPN and John Jenkins addition. Like you guys, I think I'll be looking out for any Vandy games I can catch this season. Would be great to see AJ really smash the competition and improve in some of the areas they were critical of this article.

What do people think AJ's ceiling could be? I'm guessing that he might sneak into the top half of the 1st round if he does well, but could he go higher? Does anyone think AJ has the potential of a Bogut (ie, a top 6 pick/ starter calibre player in the NBA?)

Reply #251483 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'm not yet convinced AJ is of the same calibre as Bogut, as he does not yet have the same all-round game that Bogut has. AJ has far superior post moves at the same age, but he is nowhere near as good a rebounder as Bogut was and this probably comes down to physical presence. I hope AJ has hit the weight room in the off-season. However AJ IMO has a btetetr outside shot at the same age. Time will tell, but a mid-to late 1st round draft pick at best beckons if he can have a stellar season.

I was posting regular updated on AJ's progress last season and if you didn't read up on his injuries on the Vandy site, it would have been in this forum Beantown.

I knew the SEC scored a better TV deal for this season, but was not sure of the details and Vandy's involvement.

I think an improved Beal and Taylor will also provide better support to AJ this season as well. Both these guys are possible late 2nd round NBA draft picks in another 2 years time. Shan Foster's departure after AJ's Freshman season mean all the focus shifted to AJ, and with his foot injuries and illness, he struggled at times before finishing the season off strongly.

Reply #251484 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:24 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754