TR
Years ago

Tyndale trying out with the Bucks

Tyndale is having a run with the Bucks...

I may have to give Hammonds an email to see if I can jag an invite to tryouts.

http://linky.com.au/hfcin

Topic #21152 | Report this topic

Skud  
Years ago

Kinda a MASSIVE kick in the balls, wouldnt we be the only Team to De-list a future NBA player??

Reply #251156 | Report this post

Confused  
Years ago

Skud you're off your head, he wont be making the NBA period. Guys go out to training camps all the time. And not much comes of it.

Reply #251158 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

what about Jax.

Reply #251160 | Report this post

SDU  
Years ago

lol there have been a number of delisted NBLers who have gone on to NBA

rick brunson

didnt drew barry get cut by the sydney kings then play NBA 2 weeks later?

stephen jackson

doug overton with the woolongong hawks then went on to have a good NBA career

there is at least 2 others however I cant for the life of me think of them - one was a PF that went to golden state also

Reply #251163 | Report this post

Nate  
Years ago

Ray Owes??

Reply #251169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt Garrison did a pre-season with the Clippers after he left the 36ers too.

Reply #251173 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

most of the Breakers Imports go back to the states and try out for the nba after the season ends

Reply #251181 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Bucks are going to be REALLY bad this year if the best they can attract to training camp is Tyndale. They were already going to be poor, but gee, I reckon they are going to really suck. All they have is Bogut and the pie thrower.

Reply #251182 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Carlos Powell is with the Phoenix camp as we speak.

Reply #251189 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

Rick Brunson was d-listed?

Reply #251359 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

NBL-NBA doesnt really have a huge correlation.

There are NBA players who wouldnt be as good in the NBL as they are in the NBL because the style of games is so much different.

Same as Europe-NBA.

Reply #251361 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Definitely true. We've had Orien, Melzer, etc come out from NBA or fringe-NBA and not dazzle in the NBL.

Reply #251367 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

...J.Beasley.

Reply #251389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tyndale's been cut by the Bucks already.

Reply #251450 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Agree with you Paul and Isaac. If you are not in that elite echelon of players that NBA teams build around, then you are more likely to stick in the NBA if you are an excellent role player who does one or two things well, rather than a guy who does everything, but at a level a couple of notches lower than the elites.

Eg, Julius Hodge, in the NBL he is an elite athlete who can dominate with his ability to get to the basket. However, in the NBA he is not good enough to be that dominant scoring slasher, but also is not a good enough defender or outside shooter to land a spot as a role player.

On the flip side, Scalabrine would be next to useless as an import in the NBL, but showed last year that he can be a very effective role player for Boston, just playing solid D and making the open three reliably.

Reply #251454 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:46 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754