Isaac
Years ago

NBA player Dee Brown at first 36ers game

I don't think we can expect a re-enactment of his dunk comp efforts, but NBA player Dee Brown will be sitting courtside at Saturday's home-opener for the 36ers.

Boti has an article about him here: Dee Brown's ball in our court

As he soared toward the basket, eyes covered for his unique "no look" dunk, two thoughts were racing through Dee Brown's mind.

"I hope I don't hit the side of the backboard and break my neck," was one, the spectacular Boston Celtics' NBA guard confessed yesterday.

"And I hope I don't embarrass myself on national television."

Topic #21154 | Report this topic

Loco  
Years ago

Cheers for the link - that's actually pretty cool.

Reply #251203 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He'll be in a Hollywood Seat.

There's a hardcore fan who gets to sit next to him who lives in Melbourne but flies over for every 36ers game and some road games. When the club heard about this during the season ticket drive, they upgraded his season seats big time and also gave him a Hollywood Seat for opening night. Apparently when he heard who he was going to be sitting next to (well, other than Scott Ninnis) he almost had a heart attack.

Reply #251206 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

There is a great article about Dee Brown in the current issue of Sneaker Freaker.

Reply #251207 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Nice extra draw card for the opener. Hope they can get him involved in a promo or something at half time. How about getting him on the dunking trampoline to see if he can replicate his famous dunk? :p

If he needs motivation, we could tell him Gerald Green dunked better two years ago?

Reply #251209 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

meh... i dont think he has ever dunked on Cecil

:)

Reply #251214 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I take it then that the "early submission" of season tickets to get a chance to win Hollywood seats for the game has been decided?

I thought that two seats were being given out for the first game? Is Dee being given a complementary one?

Reply #251225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, is the name of that hardcore fan who flys over every game from Melbourne, Matthew?

Reply #251244 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There are a number of Hollywood Seats. For game one that I'm aware of, there's the Melbourne fan, Dee Brown, someone else I won't name in case they're not confirmed, and the winner(s) of the earlybird draw.

Heard a story about the earlybird draw - they randomly picked someone and it turned out that he was born in 1936 or something like that! Perfect!

Reply #251245 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, don't think so. Maybe there's another one!

Reply #251248 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sixers are really kicking some goals so far. Hopefully the team can be successful, especially at home, to capatilise on that work.

Reply #251360 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

spewing i can't go...
I have heaps of Dee Brown trading cards that would of been good to have signed.

Should be a great night!

Reply #251433 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:45 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754