Number 44
Years ago

NH: Carlton to trade Fevola

http://linky.com.au/adklk

I know he is a bit of a tool but a bad decision in my book.

I think he will go to Collingwood, but if Port were smart they should jump on him, that is if he and Chad can get over their differences.

On that note, Power should also look at Lovett from Bombers, but again he and Brogan have a past.

Topic #21159 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Why would Fev move to Adelaide?

Reply #251270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Essendon may jump on Fev to replace Lloyd?! :-)

Essendon are also chasing Davey from Melbourne.

Reply #251271 | Report this post

Hayden  
Years ago

Davey resigned for 4 years with melbourne at lucnh time today.

Reply #251273 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Can we change the title? They'll be looking for a trade.

Big news though. He's not going to Port but a deal for Trav Cloke could work.

Reply #251275 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

The likely place for Fev would be Sydney

Carlton are fools if we let the best Full Fwd in the game go for peanuts

I wouldve rather they handled Fev much like Geelong did with Steve Johnson a while back

Ban him from playing/training with the Blues for a period of preseason/5-6 games of the AFL season as well.......and let him come back thru the reserves

If he truly wants his spot back, he would work his arse off like Johnson did

Reply #251280 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Everyone's saying Sydney but I can't see how that will work. It's a wierd situation because Carlton are trading a KF when their number one need is a KF. That means Jesse White and Lewis Johnston would be the targets at Sydney. I don't think trading either of those guys would be beneficial for Sydney, who are rebuilding, as much as they deny it. I don't think either of those guys would be enough to satisfy Carlton either. Sydney would be stupid to get their picks involved, especially as Carlton's pick 11 is already gone.

Reply #251282 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

The Fev can keep away from the Brisbane Lions. Not Wanted

Reply #251283 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

ADE: T.Walker and K.Tippett. No.

BRL: Brownshaw. No.

COL: Could trade Anthony or Cloke.

ESS: Possible, would have to give up someone like Gumbleton.

FRE: Hehe. No.

GEE: Would win another premiership with him at FF. Can't see them taking him on though.

HAW: Buddy and Rough. No.

KAN: Rebuilding.

MEL: Rebuilding.

PTA: Rebuilding and no one to trade. And Fev probably doesn't want to move here.

RIC: Best friend Chris Newman is here and they did pick up Cousins but they'd be stupid to pick up a 28-29 year-old with the state of their list.

STK: I heard someone suggest a trade for Koschitzke. That would be fantastic for the Saints no matter what problems Fev has but I can't see Carlton going for that.

WCE: McKinley? Hansen? Kennedy to go back again? This could only happen if WCE actually believe they could challenge for a premiership in the next 3-5yrs. Not sue how keen Fev would be.

WBD: Would've been perfect if they hadn't just got Big Bad Barry.

Reply #251285 | Report this post

Jesus  
Years ago

There is a better chance he stays at Caltorn than being traded, his contract would be hard to trade and Sydney is the only team that can really afford him.

Reply #251288 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Collingwood will not trade Anthony. But Cloke may be an option. Don't think Collingwood woud want another difficult player though...

Reply #251296 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Shaun Burgoyne wants out of port, mayb a trade involving the 2 of them could work? Cant see the blues getting a much better player

Reply #251299 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

I'm shocked!!

Reply #251305 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Roos was on the radio yesterday stating emphatically that Fevola wont be at Sydney next year.

Reply #251327 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Fev will dend up at Collingwood for Cloke & Davis. Saints should take a punt & offer Kosi & Ball but can't see them doing it

Reply #251350 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Pies won't trade Davis. Malthouse loves him. Cloke could be on the block for straight swap.

Reply #251363 | Report this post

There's a fair chance that because of his contract he wonn't go anywhere. Due to earn 1.4m over next two years.

Reply #251379 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Carlton have stated they will pay some of his salary if they get a decent trade offer.

Reply #251381 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Its all a smoke screen by Carlton, they know no-one else can afford him, or even really want him.

Its a message to Fev, sponsors and to their supporters that they are serious about sorting him out.

Come the end of trade week, he will be still with Carlton and they will all come out and say he's a changed man and this is his last chance Blah blah blah.

Reply #251382 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

As a Carlton Member, i hope your right Me

Carlton will not even make the 8 without Fev if they trade him

In todays paper, it has a Fev for Ball swap.....why would Carlton want another on baller!!!

We are about to get Brock Mclean from Melbourne

As for a straight swap....Cloke for Fev...you gotta be kidding....Travis Cloke is shit

Reply #251385 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I'd take that if I was a Blues supporter. Got a feeling Cloke just needs a change of scenery to really bust out.

Reply #251388 | Report this post

Jesus  
Years ago

Collingwood wont trade Cloke for Fev, Cloke has a ton of upside he was rattled this year but with a solid pre-season he can get back to his Copeland medal winning form and be a top tier centre half forward. Mick loves Neon Leon so it would be unlikely he leaves. But anything can happen in footy...

Reply #251404 | Report this post

Dirk Diggler  
Years ago

Fev goes on Street talk, Channel nine know what they are employing him to do, replace and act like Sam Newman.
Fev does, Footy show makes a huge deal about it and rest of the fuel frenzied press get on board.
Carlton have to respond so they sack the big fella to appease the sponsors.

Where will he go? Who would have him?
Eddy Everywhere knows.

Eddy hires him to act up
Eddy makes a fool of him (smiling assasin)
Eddy makes a big deal of the situation
Eddy forces the hand of Carlton

Eddy signs him up for Collingwood for a greatly reduced, Carlton assisted, price

Reply #251421 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Nice theory, but Eddy has absolutely NO power at Channel 9 nowadays.

He's back on morning radio here in Melbourne....where he started.

I'm with "ME"....Carlton being SEEN to do something. That's it.

His last bad period, Carlton wrote in all this perfomance based stuff and behavioural stuff into his contract. He refused to sign and they took it staright back out again. At least they could say that they tried.

He's not that bad......What's he done that is SO awful? Drink? Who doesn't? Behave badly in public? Who hasn't? Why would Carlton get rid of him?

Reply #251435 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:06 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754