LC
Years ago

ESPN: Hollinger's player projections

ESPN's John Hollinger profiles every payer in the NBA and ranks them on how he thinks they will perform in the 2009/10 season - it is all based on Player Efficiency Rating (PER) - a rating of a player's per-minute productivity.

Link: http://linky.com.au/tsf6u

Some interesting reading.

His Number 1's by position are:

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: LeBron James
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Dwight Howard

Overall...
1. Chris Paul
2. Dwyane Wade
3. LeBron James
4. Dwight Howard
5. Kevin Durant

He has Bogut as the No.15 ranked Centre this coming season. I hope Bogut proves him wrong.

Topic #21200 | Report this topic

ANON  
Years ago

He not only has Bogut as No. 15 Centre but that then equates to No. 97 overall. That is a pretty sad rating IMO.

Reply #251826 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

But fair. Remember the PER is just numbers, which would be scewed by the injury, and doesn't take into account his potential etc.

But in saying that, he has only really put together that one season that was decent, and it was mostly the second half of that season. But still all he has showed is potential.

Read an interview with him a couple days ago, (just looked, couldn't find the link) and he says he is feeling better but not 100% yet.

So I have avoided him in my fantasy team as I feel he will take a while to get back into it.

He really needs to show something this year.

Reply #251851 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Useful tool, but we wouldn't want to take Bogut's ranking too much to heart. Hollinger's numbers also project Kevin Love as the #4 PF and Zach Randolph as the #6 PF next season!

I like K-Love but you'd have to be on the special sauce to think he will be the 4th most effective PF next season! Z-bo, well we all know what this stat stuffer does for his team's win-loss record...

Also, Mareese Speights was the #7 PF and Javale McGee the #9 centre. Those last two might do okay off the bench, but no way you want them to be your starting centre!

Reply #251852 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:43 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754