Statman
Years ago

Hawks beat Crocs

Wollongong have survived a very ordinary start to easily overrun the Crocs 100 - 84.
Its the first time in 15 games the Crocs havnt scored 100+ and snaps their 11 game winning streak

Newley had a couple of bad turnovers but still chimed in for 16 points (I think) - God he is fun to watch!

Topic #2121 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Looks like Campbell had his good game for the week. I think the Crocs can bounce back and overrun the Hawks in Townsville (well, I hope they can).

Interesting to note that the attendance for the game was 4078, almost 400 below the Hawks' regular season average. Adelaide's crowd was below that of previous games. Apparently Brisbane and Sydney had low crowds too.

Is the finals series boring or are fans responding to an increase in ticket prices for finals?

Reply #24107 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Notice 27 fouls to the Hawks, 11 of which were in the last quarter. Its a great rule that after 5 fouls each quarter you give away 2 free shots, but the rules should extend further. After 10 fouls in a quarter, you start deducting 2 points from the score. That will discourage dirty play. Having said that, The Crocs weren't much better on 22. This could however have been out of necessity to contain the Hawks.

Reply #24113 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:13 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754