LC
Years ago

Team USA for 2010 World Championships

Some USA superstars are wavering in their support for attending the 2010 World Championshisp to be held in Turkey.

Dwyane Wade is reportedly wavering on his commitment to team USA, just like his counterpart LeBron James.

"Dwyane Wade is wavering on playing for Team USA next summer, just like LeBron James."

"Like James -- and another veteran member of Team USA, Chris Bosh -- Wade has the right to opt out of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent July 1. Wade indicated the timing of that decision will have an impact on his Team USA plans."

"Colangelo said he has known all along that the impending free agency of James, Wade, Bosh and others, including 2008 Olympians Carlos Boozer and Tayshaun Prince, could affect the makeup of the team."

ESPN Link: http://linky.com.au/en6em

Will be interesting to see who ends up making the roster...no Wade, James and Bosch is likely given their free agency. I'm sure they can make up for Boozer and Prince though.

Topic #21210 | Report this topic

Avv  
Years ago

Here we go again - the USA get on top of the world and then players start falling by the wayside to defend the title.

Seeing Spain finally click in the Eurobasket (won their last 4-5 games by 20+ I think and that was without the class of Jose Manuel Calderon), the USA will have to have their best team on the floor.

Spain at full strength will be better than they were at Beijing. All their key players are still fairly young apart from Pau Gasol but he's not exactly old.

If the USA are missing Le Bron and Wade, 2 of their 3 best players at the olympics, they could be in for a bit of a shock in Turkey...

Reply #251974 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

without Lebron and Wade I believe there are still enough talents in comparison to the rest of the world...it's all about how USA gels together.

Calderon is not even a NBA star, other than Gasol neither is the rest of the Spanish team. So I really don't think without LBJ, Wade, Boozer, Prince USA will be screwed. Talent wise, 2nd tier US team is still more talented than other country it's just about how the team's gonna play together.

in reality a 2nd tier team eg. D Rose, Mayo, Durant, Okafor, Bynum is still a much better team than the rest of the world has to offer on paper.

Reply #252032 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:03 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754