Isaac
Years ago

Cairns belt Blaze 83-66, move to 3-1

Great start to the season by Cairns after their early loss to NZ. They've recovered and won three straight, including big wins over Perth and now Gold Coast.

Wonder how many games so far this season have been won by the home side? NZ have won at home and lost away. Same with Melbourne and Adelaide. Anyone got enough spare time to look into the others?

Topic #21218 | Report this topic

Statman  
Years ago

Blaze are 1 - 1 at home

Reply #252063 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

is Petrie & Ubaka playing in Perth? they missed them big time! their new import did alright :)

Reply #252066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In front of a massive crowd of 2,575! I've never seen that stadium look so empty last night on Fox.

Reply #252070 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Challenge will be full to rafters on Friday :)

Reply #252071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"NZ have won at home and lost away. *Same with Melbourne* and Adelaide."

Confident, huh? ;)

Reply #252080 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You know what I meant!

Reply #252083 | Report this post

annom  
Years ago

the blaze are looking very ordinary and not sure about the coaching of wright

Reply #252087 | Report this post

Balla  
Years ago

Joey Wright will be found out this year because he doesn't have money behind him and has a no talent team that are cocky. This team is real cocky for being one of the worst team from last year

Reply #252133 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Like the new Blaze unis and I usually hate that shimmer fabric.

Gotta say I much prefer the Gaze-Dwayno combo to Taylor/Heal. Stats men not much better, they had Maxey (impressive btw) on 15rbs when he only had 8.

...and the way the refs are calling the travel is getting ridiculous, they're calling legitimate post moves a travel just because they look awkward, while they allow players to take 4 and 5 steps when they catch the ball and square up (see Harvey, Rychart last night). At least be consistent! This is giving me the shits even more than the shortened quarters.

Reply #252157 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Looking at the stats a pretty poor game by both teams, with Cairns just less so.
Love Rychart he is so under rated.
Phil did the usual.
They seem respectable outfit that probably won't trouble the heavyweights bu will keep everyone honest.

Reply #252182 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yep, the 'new rules' are just giving the poor refs more excuses to make poor calls. And the pr that this is aligning us with FIBA is just spin. The way it is called will make it harder for NBL players to adjust to the physical international game.

Reply #252187 | Report this post

annom  
Years ago

Balla totally agree reference Wright, he will be definately found out, he is overated, doesnt have the super stars that he had brisbane.

Reply #252195 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:16 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754