Danger Mouse
Years ago

Tonights Game - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Good - We won, Ninja in the 2nd Quarter, The crowd in the final minutes.

Bad - My cold Hot Dog, The soft calls on both teams in the 1st half, The cutting of 'Hit The Road Jack' for a boring dance by the dancers.

Ugly - The 3rd Quarter, Coopers game, Russell Hinder.

Topic #21238 | Report this topic

Spurtown  
Years ago

Cold Hot Dogs,

$9.50 for a scotch or Beam ????

Ninja's shooting was brilliant

Corey Williams an awesome display

No Timeout called in the 3rd to stop the flow
and regroup ??????? why

Gilly saved my 2 bets with his 2 (chucks) at the basket.

great game.

Reply #252366 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

I think they did call one time out if I'm not mistaken but the run continued.

Reply #252367 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

Didn't Ninnis call a timeout with about 6 minutes left in the 3rd after the Crocs had cut the lead to 8 (58 to 50). Did he have another timeout to burn in the quarter??? If so maybe he wanted to save it for the last quarter?????

Reply #252368 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

What the Crows board on BigFooty?

Reply #252374 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

Good-Homicide display,Ninja 5 of 6(could be out slightly),Holmes' D

Bad -wanker in empty car park racing pass me to get to gate first?Shake my head/ WTF?

Ugly-Holmes with what looks like a black eye or a fingernail in his upper cheek

Reply #252376 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Holmesie did have a black eye - walked into an errand elbow of Hinder's

Reply #252384 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Great call on Hinder btw Patty Dangermouse.

Reply #252389 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Well done Sixers.
Good- Gilly is a match winner- real find
Bad- Corey Williams and Rolan Roberts totally bad duo.
Ugly- Your guys can't afford to go through a scoring drought like that 3rd quarter, without getting to the line to break the Crocs momentum. The better teams won't let you get away with that.

Reply #252407 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Good - Jacob Holmes hits another 3 right on the buzzer (end of first Q)
The Bad - Defence on Homocide
The Ugly - David Cooper's Offence, too many fumbles, plus someone has given him 3 MVP points - Isaac, did you just give him login access?

Reply #252410 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Maybe ; The good=A win, 18points up halftime.
Bad=our 3rd qtr and not seeing the game.
Ugly,maybe Burstons hand,Ng cramp,Hill ankle

Reply #252411 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

What was so bad about Cooper's game? He played some nice defence (was that 3 blocks in 10 seconds?), and was an offensive liability - that's just a par game for Coops isn't it?

Reply #252413 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Oh yeah, not impressed with the new catering either. Will certainly be eating at home first from now on. (Disclaimer - I haven't tried the restaurant).

Reply #252414 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

sorry hereschenes, I cringe each time he has the ball in his hand now. Yes, defensively can block as well as anyone in the league, but still gives away dumb, soft fouls. I want a defensive foul that counts! I demand that when a shooting foul is given, I want the opposition player to hit the timber on the BMC so hard, that Skip's record player jumps track. Not a soft foul that you would expect if you were playing the Walford Year 7 team.

I want to see a "Mick Gatto" in defence, not a "gateaux cake"

Now offensively. Coops needs to get involved in the little 1 %ers. Each time Hinder did not have the ball in offence last night he was bumping our guys and screening so that his team mates could get free. What was Coops doing in offence when he didn't have the ball to assist his team?

If you don't have the ball in offence, a player needs to be a threat, either in looking to shoot a three point swish (eg a guard), or else putting heat on the defence (eg a forward/centre) to get players free and open up lanes.

Reply #252416 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Well have not posted after self imposed exile after having my say re signing up of team .
GOOD
1 Meal at Apollo room decided to give trial - food good - service and presentation excellent although if go early get drinks first as meal was at table when got back. Just a suggestion rather than complaint make it more basketball somehow possibly why not put last home game up on screens in the room or one page programme of the game ahead
2 Great finish to game and our game in 2nd QTr
3 Darren Ng shooting almost thought Brett was back but knew he wasnt in last Qtr when no-one wanted to take ownership of a shot.
4 Our overall teamwork espec. our defence in first half.
5 John Gilchrist yes we have scored a organized passionete PG . Great get .
6 Herbert also a great get as a bench player adds a lot to our defence . Pity he can only shoot 3 pointers against us though.
7 Holmes was huge all night with his effort both ends of court
8 Crowd and atmosphere with the SOS all over the place making sure all ok.
Makes you feel you want to be there and part of it
9 Music good well done Skip
BAD
1 Our 3rd qtr totally caved in with no answer to Homicide or Roberts
2 Lack of size in our team against one of supposed smaller teams got brushed away too easy and still think Groves as import we could have done better and with more size to back up Balls and Holmes and Burston when playing .
3 Whilst not real bad certainly not good the roving announcer.
4 Little dissappointed with merchandise with total red polo shirt looks average
UGLY
1 Sorry you have to say it Cooper he must cringe when he watches replays.
Burston a history of injuries we needed to get a average to good back up centre Coops is not either. Give Garlepp a go the crowd will at the least encourage him not cringe or laugh when Coops on .
I really feel for him as totally got the yips now when near the ball.
CLOSING
Well done SOS and can see really trying to embrace the fans to yours and our club

Reply #252419 | Report this post

PodMan  
Years ago

Awkward moment: Before tip off when the 6ers huddled in a circle with Gilly in the centre doing some sort of tribal dance. Didn't know whether to laugh, shake head, or close my eyes.

Reply #252425 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

Great win by the boys.
Good contributions all round, well nearly all round.
Encouraging to see the spread of scorers, wasn't left to two or three.
I think we lost an 18 point lead in 6 minutes in the 3rd.
On the need to improve side I think we must have more offensive boards taken off us then any other NBL side. All because there is no blocking out on rebounds. Its not hard to practice this.
I saw one croc. take a rebound in our key and we had 4 in there at the time. We are giving away too many free offenses.
We are still one player off a championship side IMO.

Reply #252427 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Raytri - I didn't see the game but was Wlliams penetrating a lot and causing the defence to rotate, freeing up the offensive rebounders? His points scored and number of free throws suggest that. That's been a cause in the past when we have given up a lot of offensive boards.

Reply #252439 | Report this post

Number 44  
Years ago

Shitty crowd numbers considering all the two 4 one vouchers out there.

It sucks for us who pay full price and devalues the 36ers ticket.

Great finish and game though.

Reply #252445 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Cooper is shocking! Making 1 good block a game is not enough to earn a roster spot and minutes on court. Totally agree with Jack Toft - on offence, Cooper doesn't even look like he knows what he's meant to be doing. He doesn't screen, is not a target, can't score unless he's dunking and doesn't rebound particularly well for his height. Even defensively (which is meant to be his strength), he gives away stupid fouls and either gives up open threes or else allows players to step around him as if he isn't there. No wonder they call him the ghost - he may as well be invisible!

Reply #252451 | Report this post

i am B.A.D  
Years ago

agree cooper is liability especially now bench is 10 not 12
get molly molitor on the court please -
gilchrist awesome
DNG Shooting - sweet

food how dear can it be ? coke $4.00 pies think are $4.50 and it was half cold - went back to complain- didnt even offer me another one

crowd come on adelaide get to the games
SOS are legends but got to sort out the carparking - bottle neck end of the game surely need attendants directing
Second gate collecting money - you beauty - had to drive pass before now straight in
thanks BenFitz top work
Skip durting the game- on the money with music -can now actually talk
Roaming guy on mike - hey keep roaming prefer out of the door and head west
40 minutes please bring back 48 - more game time not less -
Sixers 100% SOS are winners

Reply #252533 | Report this post

i am B.A.D  
Years ago

also one off ball at 3 1/4 time please explain how can be one off every home game -
maybe one per game ??
anyway is great idea and love the new screen
and finally the cheer leader girls beautiful
more please more time outs please scotty

Reply #252534 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

My head hurts.

Reply #252539 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:40 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754