Isaac
Years ago

Homicide wins NBL Player of the Week

For the week Williams averaged 25.5 points, 8.5 rebounds and 8.0 assists as he helped his team to a 1-1 record on the road.

John Gilchrist, Ty McKee and Erron Maxey were Homicide's closest competition. Here are the other notable mentions:
There were a plethora of strong performances in Round Three, and New Zealand's CJ Bruton (32 points in a victory against Melbourne) and Perth’s Shawn Redhage (32 points in a win over Gold Coast) also staked their claims for the weekly honour.
Other leading contenders for the NBL Player of the Week in Round Three included Julien 'Skip’ Mills (Cairns), Rick Rickert (New Zealand), Adam Ballinger (Adelaide), Luke Kendall (Melbourne).

Topic #21276 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Good choice for this week IMO

Reply #252730 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

There was no other choice this week. Period.

With Penney out for the next few weeks along with Anstey, you're looking at the League MVP this year.

Hopefully he doesn't burn out before the finals.

Reply #252735 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Agreed, there is no reason why he should not win it if he keeps performing week in and week out.

Reply #252740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know I'll sound like a wanker for saying this Big Marty, but the terminating punctuation to which you refer, in this country, is not called a period.

FULL STOP.

Reply #252743 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

What a wanker :P

No arguments here, but CJ and Gilchrist would've both been veeery close.

Reply #252748 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Phenomenal stats in isolation,together with the context of getting his team back into a game for narrow loss and a big win over pre season favourite and it's a no contest.
I wonder if the team with 2 games has an advantage in these player of the week awards?
Will a Gold Coast player pick up next weeks?

Reply #252751 | Report this post

kmtw  
Years ago

Well done herbacide

Reply #252765 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Bring Trev the Holy Grail big boy!!

TV winning it would be very cool...

Reply #252779 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"I wonder if the team with 2 games has an advantage in these player of the week awards?"

Definitely seems that way.

Reply #252783 | Report this post

boom  
Years ago

yeah homicide absolutely killed the sixers...those 32 points, 11 rebounds and 9 assists was in the new 10 minute qrts dont forget!!

Reply #252801 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:25 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754