paul roberts
Years ago

Wildcats need new imports

With Paul Rogers expected to anounce his retierment within days aswell as having only one import that is sub par at best it is now time with the wildcats not leaving perth in the next 5 weeks to act .

As it stands now the Wildcats have 2 points left in there players points cap Losing Rogers worth 8 points has made room for any player they want and if they are smart the will delist Lisch a.s.a.p get 2 new imports have them settled before they embark on there next road trip .

the Cats should be able to cover the damage in there home games in the next few weeks as there bench runs just about as deep as anyones so please act now.

Anyone agree or got any ideas for some immports

Topic #21294 | Report this topic

TC2  
Years ago

The word is "their".

Reply #252952 | Report this post

paul roberts  
Years ago

Well theirs a word for you to.

LOSER

Reply #252954 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Personally, I don't think Lisch is all that bad.. he's very young, but seems to be able to play D & can shoot the 3 under pressure. If anyone can get the best out of "cheaper", white imports, then it will be Rob Beveridge. Two seasons ago he took Troy DeVries from the SEABL & the guy had a pretty decent season.

Reply #252955 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think that Cats should get Hodge.......

and I hold the top waiver position in our fantasy league.

Reply #252956 | Report this post

captain packo  
Years ago

Actually it should be written as such:

There's a word for you too:

LOSER

"Theirs a word for you to" implies it belongs to a group of people and the word "to" implies it is for the purpose of doing something and that it is an unfinished sentence.

Reply #252957 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Lol, I got dibs on correcting the next thing he says!

I agree though, a new import backcourt would make them a force. It wouldn't be a terrible idea to keep Lisch but they certainly need an upgrade on Martin.

...oh but I really hope there are no new imports introduced for the rest of the year. Eh TR.

Reply #252959 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Like hell X...... I deserve an extra import slot given the fact I got Gruber and Joiner.....

Reply #252960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilst eye upresiat te sentement, gramma end speling puleece arnt welcum rownd dees pards. Eye meen;

witch knew "...tier..." iz Rojurz been playsed on?
"aswell (sic)"
"...the(y) will delist Lisch..."
"immports (sic)"
und knot u pusesive upostrofy oar commar two speek ov.

Wear doo ewe droar da lyne?

Wee awl undustand heem. Da duud dont wont know inglish lesun,jussed wanna tork huups.

Reply #252962 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

LOSER.

I love that. Someone is too stupid to know a simple word, or too lazy to bother writing it properly, yet anyone who says anything is a LOSER.

Is that what your mates at Centrelink say, Mr Roberts?

Reply #252963 | Report this post

paul roberts  
Years ago

Yep

Thats right. But how did you know i was friends with your mum ?

Reply #252964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doo u mined iff eye dropp da mispeling bit? Itz drayning.

I too am an advocate for correct spelling and grammar but have come to the conclusion that it is a Crusade that is not worth fighting. Reading such errors can be annoying, but the primary purpose of these boards is to share our love of the game and this is where our energy is best spent.

The assumption that some of the above posters are unemployable because of their tenuous command of the English language is incorrect and insulting,as any observer of current standards of these matters in today's "professional" journalism can attest.

Reply #252965 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Excellent, I'm feeling more confident about the Sixers trip to Perth by the day now!

I agree that the Cats should sign another import guard if Rogers goes. But given the sitch with TR atop the waiver wire, I suggest you sign either Chappell or perhaps bring Ricky Grace back for another go round! :D

Reply #252968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul Roberts,
Without entering into the above debate, I think your team has already signed a young aussie Marko Deric, hardly the answer to your prayers I'm guessing.

Reply #252969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mr roberts your the man i think guys should find something better to do like go back to watching beauty and the geek

Reply #252970 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Watch it? He's one of the girls on it!

Reply #252971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats are giving rogey 3 weeks to see how the elbow plays out. he deserves the clubs loyalty after so much he has shown towards loyalty towards the cats

Reply #252975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scratch that, he is out for 4 months and replacement will be named tomorow.

Reply #252977 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Press conference at 9.30 to announce a replacement. That's probably about 2AM the next day our time...

Reply #252980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm thinking it's an aussie. where is kazzouh playing now days....

Reply #252984 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

In Israel showing good pre-season form (as you would expeect) - dont expect him to be home this season. Maybe a big offer from a new Sydney team next year might get him, but even then I doubt it.

Reply #252985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Expecting the replacement to be an American and possibly Matt Freije who is the man they first wanted. Not sure they need him with Redhage, Schenscher, Cattalini and Wagstaff up front however Beveridge likes running a group of Lisch and Weigh in the backcourt, with Cattalini, Redhage and Wagstaff up front. A quick, agile and perimeter combination

Reply #252988 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

TC2 you have issues! Paul Roberts starts a decent thread & you embarass yourself with a grammical error. I cant believe Isaac didnt scrap it.

Be prepared all, none of us are as smart as TC2!!

Persnally i don't think it's either here or their..

Reply #252990 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

On the real business i think the wildcats need not stress yet. Big Luke will peak at the right time & all will be well. They have small growing pains - lets see how good Bevo is. At 8 to 1 i think they are a good $50 bet.

Reply #252992 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Freije has signed in Lebanon. Havent heard of it falling through.

Reply #252994 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Rumour is a big man who was playing NBA pre-season. I am going with a smokey and saying Nate Jawai, as one rumour says he is back in Oz.

Reply #252995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai & Schenscher would just be ridiculous. That's way too top heavy.

Reply #253001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai will be in a tigers uniform as Ben knights replacement

Reply #253003 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

spellcheck strikes back lol, who cares get ova it.

Reply #253014 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

I bet you its Sam Harris! since he has been in the wildcats shadow squad!

Reply #253020 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Apologies for the grammical error.... whatever that is.

All I said was "the word is 'their'". I didn't insult the guy at all, I didn't make fun of him, I wrote four simple words to point out where he was going wrong. It may be a case of him not knowing any better - wouldn't you be thankful if someone pointed out an error you had made and helped you get something right?

But now I am the LOSER and I have the issues and I have embarrassed myself. I don't think you needed to add that bit about me being smarter than you because it's quite obvious.

Reply #253024 | Report this post

paul roberts  
Years ago

TC2

I call a truths

Reply #253029 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Know weigh

Reply #253031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's harris till cats get a import. at 223 cm harris is the tallest player in nbl history. thats a whopping 7'4.

Reply #253040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai is NOT in Aus. He is sitting on the bench in the Dallas v Detroit pre-season game right now.

Reply #253047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adding to that, he just checked into the game for the first time....and blew a one handed dunk.

Reply #253048 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Rumours, hey! Good to see him actually getting a run.

Reply #253050 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:58 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754