Anonymous
Years ago

Wildcats-36ers live streaming

does the live streaming from rivus tv have sound or not?

Topic #21312 | Report this topic

moose  
Years ago

not fo me

Reply #253199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a rival official has emailed me this earlier:

Adelaide are currently sorting out the audio from the desk. The Audio should be up soon.

Reply #253200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*rivus official

Reply #253201 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

not connecting and have paid

Reply #253211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

connection back on. I am listening to it through perth radio as streaming sound still not up

Reply #253218 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

got video no sound

Reply #253219 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

radio for sound

Reply #253223 | Report this post

moose  
Years ago

my streaming is a lot of stop & start. Is it only me?

Reply #253238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is currently a technical issue with the audio at the stadium.
For those who are watching the stream there is a internet radio stream runnning audio which is actually running in sync with the video!!

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,25048786-5005401,00.html

Reply #253239 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

My stream is running great! Weird about the audio... was working on last nites.
I got the radio going at the same time though.

hahah did you hear the commentators talking about the guys standing in front of the camera!!
hilarious!!!

Reply #253243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how does the quality of this stream compare to the stream of the 36ers home games so far??

Reply #253252 | Report this post

Dee  
Years ago

The quality has been great on the other ones.
Ive been reading through some other threads and apparently is the broadcasters problem and not rivus??
Apparently there was dud cable involved!!
very professional!!

I hope the rest of the games aren't like this

Reply #253279 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Wont be back. Was unwatchable.

Reply #253319 | Report this post

LMSC  
Years ago

All those who paid for the stream

It's VERY important to note that Rivis is NOT responsible for the broadcast. They are just the streaming provider. It is the CLUB'S reposnsibility to provide the broadcast including vision, sound and commentary.

Reply #253325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dee,

The quality of the stream for the 36ers/Crocs game last week was far from great in fact it was even worse than tonight's game.

Reply #253326 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

LMSC, then Rivus should white lable their approach instead of trying to brand their involvement so heavily. it is not smart of them to put themselves out here this way if they do no control all aspects of the production. Fox take responsibility for production right through delivery to the consumer.

The product should be called 36ers TV or similar, then the people here can blame the 36ers.

Having said this i do not have ridiculous expectations of the livestreaming, and am even surprised to be getting commentary on some games.

Reply #253332 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I didnt get to see last night's game, but all I pay for is to be able to watch the game with my own eyes, commentary, replays, interviews are a bonus.

In all of the games except Adelaide v Townsville this has been delivered, and I got a credit for that game from Rivus.

All in all I am just delighted to be able to approx double the amount of games I can watch.

And anon, apologies, by taking equipment over I thought you meant cameras etc - I understand what you meant now!

Reply #253333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DO they provide a refund given there was no audio?

Reply #253352 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

No audio was disappointing, but I got by with the radio being in sync for over half the game and even when it was out, it wasn't too bad.

The image quality was decent and I only experienced a couple of brief glitches when it froze up later in the game. Otherwise very smooth stream.

The things that did irritate me were:

- that guy standing in the way - the commentator said he was going to get him to sit down at half time but if he did the guy didn't listen for long, because he was back in the 2nd half!

- the camera work was a bit average too. Most of the game was zoomed out too far, so it was tough to work out who was who a lot of the time.

So the live streaming thing still has its issues, but I'm willing to keep supporting it for now. Like Paul says, it is infinitely better being able to watch so many more games now.

Thanks to the guys who are working behind the scenes to make this happen, I definitely appreciate that someone is having a go! Hopefully with a bit more hard work, you guys will have a 100% reliable, professional product by the end of the season and in a couple of years we will all be talking about the new medium that revolutionised the NBL!

Reply #253357 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, have you asked them?

Reply #253419 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:06 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754