Anonymous
Years ago

Rubio Tearing It Up

Whilst following the performances of our Aussies in the ACB, I couldn't help but notice the 'beastly' numbers emanating from Spanish teen phenom Ricky Rubio.

After the first three games, he is shooting a 'monsterous' 2.7ppg at 20% from the field including an 'amazing' 0/5 from beyond the arc as well as 2 rebounds, 4 assists and 1.3 steals.

I know it's early days for the season and, indeed, for his career, but this still made me LOL.

Topic #21325 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

Please install your sarcasm font app

Reply #253444 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wow...they are ordinary numbers by anyone's book

Reply #253446 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Haha, yeah Rubio really is the definition of a 'potential' pick. He's shown an uncommon feel for the game at a young age but he still could go either way in the next year or two. Kahn will be desperately hoping that he still has a valuable commodity in two years!

Reply #253451 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

here's an exclusive: they're thinking about signing me and replace Rubio. they kinda figured I can't get much worse than those lines.

Reply #253459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here's another exclusive. Daniel Joyce just nominated for the 2010 NBA Draft. He expects to go early first round.

Reply #253464 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Anon464 ... Did Papa Joyce get an NBA coaching gig?

Reply #253472 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

This is the type of junk that makes Pat Mills slipping all the way down to late second round even more strange.

Was Rubio's potential based on his play for Spain? What about Mills' play for Australia? Not saying that Mills deserved the 5th pick - just trying to determine how Rubio justified his high selection.

I guess if Detroit picked Darko over Wade, Carmelo etc in 2003 then anything can happen.

Reply #253473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's nothing more overrated than basketball scouts. Even MJ got sucked in by Kwame Brown's "potential" blowing a #1 pick on him. It's all guess work folks despite what the industry (ESPN etc) tells you.

Reply #253488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Intresting, I see ingles is hittying 13ppg in spain! so is the spainish leauge week? i thought is was quite strong?

Reply #253491 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Anon - Spanish league is the second best national league behind the NBA.

I think people make the mistake of thinking the NBL is weak because of its poor image. NBL from positions 1-3 has been as strong as any league outside the NBA for some time now, so not surprising Ingles is doing well.

As for Rubio, he has never put up big numbers at senior level, but does contribute a lot more than shows on the stats sheet. He is overrated at this stage though, but he is also still a teenager with a lot of improvement left.

Reply #253505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The conclusion you draw, that Ingles is averaging 13ppg in the ACB therefore the ACB must be weak, is erroneous and insulting to Ingles. The ACB is widely regarded as the strongest domestic basketball league outside of the NBA. This places Ingles performances thus far in a very good light indeed.

As for Rubio, if the ACB were weak as you say, that would make his current form all the more laughable.

Reply #253510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

13ppg for ingles. I ask a question on the leauge. It would appear that he is doing well by all comments, thats what i was indeed asking.
Read what the comment is about, i did not say that the spanish leauge was week, i asked a question.

Go jingles all the way

Reply #253513 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

seriously I was never sure what's the hype about this kid has been about. scouts were telling me how he's only 18yr old but is he really doing that well for a 18yo?

IMO he's more of a youtube phenom then anything. as I've said to others, you put together a collection of highlights of me on youtube I might get #5 pick too!

Reply #253519 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Cant agree entirely LA Boy. He absolutely dominated the Euro underage champs and was a good contributor at the Olympics, which is outstanding for his age.

Would I have taken him at pick 5 though? No.

By the way, go here http://acbtv.acb.com/video/2079 (click on Granada game) to see Ingles massive game saving block. Awesome stuff.

Reply #253523 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Great block!

Reply #253535 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:19 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754