B_Rett
Years ago

Under 20 Mens ....

With the new winter season starting tonight i was wondering what people thought ... would there be much change to the results of the summer season ... any big inprovers or will it be a battle between woodville eagles and north and of course southern ... with the rest of the teams a long way back ...

Topic #2133 | Report this topic

Take Luck  
Years ago

i think the big question will be how southern will do withoput jo for the season. but u would say that the final 4 would be those teams, with the rest fighting for the 5th and final spot

Reply #24200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would not be suprised if west make the top four. They had an unusually queit summer season, and would be looking to make a dent in the competition come finals time. They have to be a lock for the finals...

It will be interserting to see whether woodville can keep up their top form and carry it into the winter season.

Mid table teams including norwood, south and sturt are all possible finals teams, but the question remains whether they can get some consisitency from their better players.

Unfortunately, i believe eastern and centrals are just a little too much off the pace to make a finals run, depth perhaps being their primary downfall. Poor results ion the summer season indicate this, they will struggle to win over five games.

I believe west finsh above southern and possibly eagles?? with north taking out the title against woodville

Reply #24227 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

how r west gonna do that with no big men in the squad? yes the have great gaurds, but with out the tall blokes to help them out, its very hard!

Reply #24267 | Report this post

Farviewer  
Years ago

Posted a few days ago in another thread, unfortunate it seems now a State U20 IS going to far north Qld. SA loses another player "up north". Time will tell how they go.

Reply #24275 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

An AIS player?

Reply #24278 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

The big 4 will be up there this season...no doubt there.

Look for an improvement in Norwood...they won by 7 against a woodville team trying to rest up before the GF (which is stupidly placed during the regular season)
But to their credit they played well and had a good team game.

West dont have enough tall guys, BK is holding down the fort there...thats it...(go hard BK!)

My money is on team scrap...scrapping wins the ship

Reply #24408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

west need jay back. nice big body pushing and scoring gun

Reply #24570 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

West are looking at recruiting a big guy, so all you big guys playing 20 one's atm and want to move to a starting role on a good team which will feed the ball inside well and possibly get a shot at ABL, give the Bearcats a call

Reply #24572 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Beats putting a sign up on the door...

Reply #24615 | Report this post

tiger8  
Years ago

If west are going to be a top 4 team they better improve on there last game against the tigers. Tigers win by 30 odd with 5 players. Tigers will do fine without J.I.(Joe Ingles). Tigers will be top 2 if they stay injury free

Reply #25404 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:37 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754