Isaac
Years ago

Crocs now favourites for championship

Townsville's comeback in Adelaide and belting of Melbourne have not gone unnoticed and Centrebet is one bookie to have adjusted their season odds.

The Crocs are now favourites at $3.75 while NZ have slipped to $4.25 and Melbourne to $6.00. The Hawks have moved up while Adelaide have dropped to equal bottom at $13 after the poor result in Perth.

TOWNSVILLE CROCODILES  	 3.75 
NEW ZEALAND BREAKERS 4.25
MELBOURNE TIGERS 6.00
PERTH WILDCATS 6.00
WOLLONGONG HAWKS 9.00
CAIRNS TAIPANS 10.00
ADELAIDE 36ERS 13.00
GOLD COAST BLAZE 13.00
Still early days, but Townsville have been a big surprise for me so far this season. Best value there might be the Hawks at $9 and I think Adelaide are better than $13. Melbourne's chances depend on whether they can get an import and hold them when Anstey returns, but I'm not sure if league rules would allow that?

Topic #21335 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a croc of shit

Reply #253558 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

I agree with ^^^ and i'm a crocs fan!

very early stages and we still have a LOT of improvement in us!

Reply #253561 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

and what do the Hawks need to do to get some respect?

Reply #253563 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Like almost everyone else, win on the road!

Reply #253567 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Well Hawks played Perth first up and just won at home. Then lost to Gold coast on the road. Beat Cairns at home. Then beat NZ without Penney. So I wouldn't say that is impressive.

Adelaide are rated last on TAB bet to win it all.

Reply #253569 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Crocs also still have Cedar to come back! They look good!

Reply #253571 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reasons I think Adelaide are better than last are that they are 2-2, should be fine at home, have only had Burston at full-strength for a single game, can get more from Groves, and seemed to have everything go wrong in Perth. Certainly not the only team with concerns right now.

Reply #253572 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

At $13, I'm keen to lay some dosh on the Sixers.

That way, if they don't win it,I can keep quiet about it all, but if they do, I'l make sure every man and his dog hears about how I picked it when they were 2-2.

Reply #253573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Crocs do win it all, I'd say John Rillie will be really pissed!

(Not with his former teammates of course, I'm sure he'd be happy for them. I thought I'd better clarify that)

Reply #253575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth should be the faverotes right now

Reply #253591 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Absolutely Isaac.
Breakers looking very vulnerable. Thankfully a run of home games to try and get game on track (hopefully that includes more inside action and some resolution to what they intend doing with Storey, he's become a spare part).
Tigers imploding.
Gold Coast trying to find their game after a horrendous schedule.
Cairns only hanging in there.
Crocs have gone well at home and on road, but this just shows how even the league is.

Will be interesting to see how Hawks fare on the road.

Reply #253610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Corey Williams form determines the TAB odds currently. He is on FIRE

Reply #253624 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

That's a joke. Can you bet on missing the playoffs? Could be good odds on Townsville for that.

Reply #253630 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Perhaps one poor loss in Perth was all that was needed for Centrebet to confirm not much has changed from last season. This is a good opportunity for the 36ers to be pissed off at being labelled a bottom rung team and prove the bookies wrong.

Reply #253632 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

At Centrebet, the 36ers have improved to $10 (Cairns and Gold Coast below them at $13). Breakers back to favouritism while the Crocs have dropped to $5.50 after two road losses.

Despite sitting bottom of the ladder, the Tigers are second favourite.

Reply #254526 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754