Aussiebballer
Years ago

Patty Mills gets 15th spot

Looks like Patty has won the last spot on Portlands roster.
They have cut Collins and Udoka.

see http://linky.com.au/qfovu

Obviously a while before he gets on the court and even then it will be with their D-League team.
But it is good to see they are giving him a chance to prove himself.

Topic #21359 | Report this topic

crowfan  
Years ago

just listened to jason quicks interview, apparently many within the blazers are puzzled by this decision to sign mills over collins and udoka.. im just glad patty will now get some guaranteed $$$ something like 357k i think

Reply #253881 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Could there be a trade coming???
No real need to have Blake, Miller and Bayless.

Bayless will be getting no court time at the moment with BlakeMiller infront of him at PG and Roy/Rudy infront at SG.

They could trade Blake to free up PG minutes or they could trade Bayless since it will be hard for him to improve with no game time.

Reply #253883 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Wow, good news for Mills! Never thought he would get the final spot with his injury preventing him from competing.

Assuming this is just a one year deal for now, it gives him some financial security while he gets fit and works on his game, but doesn't lock him into Portland long-term if he can't get on the court.

Can't wait for him to get fit and see what impact he can have, either in the D League or on the Blazers.

Aussiebballer, some of the fans are speculating there is another move to come, but most of them seem to be talking about a trade of one of their SF's for a big rather than moving a PG. Would be cool for Patty if Bayless got moved, but I wouldn't have thought they would do that unless they were sure Patty will be better than him this year!

Reply #253892 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Trade is coming, but as to who it will involve is another question. Great news in any case.

Reply #253904 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Mills should be D-League bound if anything. I wouldn't expect to drag him around for half the NBA season with his kind of injury.

Don't think you'd expect him to suit up any time this year. Probably needs a good 2-3 month stint in the D-League to warm up again.

If Portland plan on making an entirely offensive lineup as part of their rotations, then Mills will fit in nicely. If they want a pass-first PG, then he needs to be traded.

Reply #253910 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I think the Blazers also drafted a Icelandic dude who was a PG in 2008 - they like PG's in Oregan

Reply #253916 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Don't listen to me ... I just had a look on basketball reference - I can't find who i mean.

Reply #253919 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Patty forced their hand to keep him on as the 15th man - he'll play in the D-league until he gets packaged i'd say.

A Stern Warning has a pretty good wrap on it all - he's a HUGE, no MASSIVE, Portland fan!

Reply #253920 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

SVD I assume you mean this guy...
Petteri Koponen 6'5 194 Honka Playboys

Reply #253922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beantown, All second round picks get two year deals.

SVD, Koponen is from Finland I think.

Reply #253958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kaponen(sp?) i think is the guy SVD but i thought he was finnish.

Reply #253974 | Report this post

76ers Fan  
Years ago

It's spelt Kapono and he's not from Finland at all. He's actually American and he plays for the 76ers. Apparently he's a good outside shot from what I've heard. I don't think Mills has anything to worry about tho: Different positions - different teams.

Reply #254019 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

76ers fan its a different player, you are thinking of the guy would just got traded to you from the raps. The other guy was a blazer 2nd round pick that played is summer league last year i think but not this year.

Reply #254026 | Report this post

76ers Fan  
Years ago

I wasn't being serious lol

Reply #254289 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Found a good 8 min end of game clip of Mills playing for St Mary's v Santa Clara. Close game and a lot of tough shots made. Nice to see a few examples of Mills getting off some quick release threes under pressure.

http://linky.com.au/5t06t

Reply #254517 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:06 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754