gym wit lover
Years ago

Halftime last night: The Gymwits

The gym wits returned after 15 years of being absent think thats what the PA dude said - not that i want to listen to him - worst PA announcer every - get bonz back or somebody with some personality greater than dead fish

anyway gym wits best part of the night - if sixers are going to play like they did last night - then get sixers as the support act to the gym wits you guys rocked - thanks at least you gave a fair dinkum displayed

Gym wits best entertainmebnnt at sixers last 5 years - anybody think of half time entrertaiment thats been better and dont tell me the whip cracking dude or the stick fighters rate
sad when support entertaiment out rates main show

Topic #21360 | Report this topic

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

I reckon Lachy Reid who does the Wildcats announcer is the best in the league!

Reply #253894 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Could not agree more about the entertainment value of Gym Wits they were awesome value .
Reminded me of the old days when the whole night was exciting.

I think they have been back once or twice since they regularly did .
Also remember the guys doing slam dunks etc of trambolines.
Again well done SOS
Now get the team organized

Reply #253898 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I did like the Gymwits - very old school. Other good half-times have been Da Klinic (skaters/bikes) and the minitramp dunkers the Bullets used to get - can't remember their name, but they were very good.

Reply #253901 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

The Scream Team - we've used them a few times too!

What exactly do the GymWits do?

and how do you know who is the best announcer if you haven't been to EVERY home court?

Reply #253921 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

well bonz is at the top of the list
and the guy they flicked a season ago been long time announcer forget his name - and he was passsionate informed and worked the audience

Reply #253934 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

i must admit i did enjoy the Gymwits, hopefully we can get them back later in the season, i also remember a few seasons ago we had a crew of break dancers in who did a great job also. Half time entertainment should be just that Entertainment, and i think if the organizers are smart they can get some great entertainment for a low cost!

Reply #253937 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

found this on YouTube on the Gymwits (for those who didn't see it)

Reply #253938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least I got some value out of last nights game.

Reply #253969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #317048 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:13 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754