DICKO
Years ago

PBA Player attacks fan on the sideline

http://linky.com.au/6zbda

Topic #21372 | Report this topic

TC2  
Years ago

Just watched that clip at about the 1:20 mark when the same guy gets called for the USF. How the hell can that be USF? He was late, clumsy and may have slipped but the ref was 100% wrong with that call.

Reply #254092 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

he hit like a girl

Reply #254093 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

He took the guys legs out....even if it was an accident, IMHO, definitely USF.

Reply #254099 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

If it was an accident, how can his actions be unsportsmanlike? I agree it looked bad but it wasn't entirely his fault.

Reply #254107 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Because he was late and he slipped.

For those exact reasons, he didn't make a decent attempt at the ball, hence unsportsmanlike.

I don't like the term, but that's it.

Reply #254109 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

He made a late attempt to draw a charge, no malice involved at all. The ref only looked at the awkward landing, not the actual foul. Bad call.

Reply #254111 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Wow, that was pretty uncalled for. Almost as uncalled for as naming your team the Burger King Whoppers.

Reply #254186 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

No play for the ball, ugly foul = unsportsmanlike. Pretty weak attack on the fan. Give him an Artest suspension.

Reply #254205 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Correct call, very dangerous indeed. And I actually felt it to be deliberate.

Reply #254211 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

I realise he didn't make a play for the ball but he didn't make a play for the man either, therefore, not USF.

Reply #254237 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

A dangerous action such as that, whether intentional or not will alsways be deemed and USF.

As for his attack on the spectator, what a tool! Throw the book at him I say!

Reply #254238 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

So we're not allowed to try and draw an offensive foul then?

Reply #254240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly, with Dicko and others interpretation of an unsportsmanlike the game will only go backwards.

Reply #254483 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754