basketballer
Years ago

SA Country U16 Girls

Is the pressure on for the SA Country U16's head coach and his supporting cast from this years nationals after finishing second in what was a certain gold medal group.
They surely can't be satisfied with a silver medal. Definately under achieved and another disapointing result at next years nationals the questions would have to be asked whether he is the right person for the job.

Topic #21391 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

PETOWEEE

Are you the better coach?

Reply #254340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

id say the pressure is on the 18 girls coaching staff

Reply #254376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only pressure on the 18 coaches will be the pressure on plane seats caused by the number of coaches they take

Reply #254401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i wouldnt call silver a disappointment. there are no certain 'Gold medal groups' at a national championships.

Reply #254403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

18 coaching staff will only be Head Coach plus 1 or 2 assistants (at most)

Reply #254404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no pressure on them if no one else applies for the positions

Reply #254495 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I love how no poster will put their non de plume to nasty comments!

Reply #254498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

most of the team last year was top age, there for gone to 18's...surely big Trev cant be too worried...
the guy atleast wants to win all the time, and has kids interest at heart...

i think pressure is on every coach at that level to perform whether they think they are safe or not...

the 18's at national level will be worth watching which is more the point, if there isn't gold or silver this year i would imagine SP will be on his way to the local for more than one pint, even baldy would be thinking the same.....

Reply #254499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

coz most of this shit comes from within the group....they use this forum as a way to pay each other out....occasionally the parents get into it too...i have even known some of the kids to have a shot or two....

Reply #254500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is just sad shit to read and makes country look like idiots to the rest of the basketball population. Its obvious there are a bunch of ugly shit stirrers in this age group, who need to get a life.

Reply #254524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm glad my kids are boys and from the city.

Reply #254539 | Report this post

ex eagle  
Years ago

It always amazes me, someone makes unsubstanciated comments on here about someone else or another group.And all those who WANT to believe its true, jump on the bandwagon and start bagging as well.I'll believe what you have to say when you give us proof to back up your allegations or at least d'ont cower behind ANONYMOUS, ANONYMOUS, ANONYMOUS.I'm also glad your from the city if you're gullible enough to believe in some of the tripe written on here.

Reply #254545 | Report this post

Anon 539  
Years ago

ohh must be a touchy subject and my comment was a bit tongue in cheek because I, like you, are getting fed up with all these comments which seem to be more prevalent from the girls side of the comp. And no I don't believe much of what I read - it is just that they just want to keep coming on here and griping over something however petty it may be

Reply #254548 | Report this post

Metro Girl  
Years ago

Reply #254561 | Report this post

Metro Girl  
Years ago

Oops above; I think the 16 girls did a great job last year and so don't see where the bagging would come from or why it has started in the 1st place.

The coach finally had the cattle and got silver.

He could have only done 1 better.

Have a go for a dismal performance...but don't have a go at a silver medal.

Reply #254562 | Report this post

rhea56  
Years ago

Rumour had it that nationals just gone, the team needed two buses - one for the girls and one for the coaches and beer. I don't think they got to celebrate to much, so they should go again. There's plenty of beer to be drunk!

Reply #254575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The SA Country girls are undoubtedly a very talented group BUT still are unfortunately no match for Vic teams.
Eastern were beaten at "Classics" by the Melb Tigers girls and easily beaten in the final at Nationals by VicM girls.
The VicM girls were coached to beat the SA Country team by 'just enough'.

Reply #254617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too much has been made of these girls when in essence only one is quality

Reply #254645 | Report this post

maude  
Years ago

Anon 254524 - and this is different from the rest of the forum, how?

Sturt baggings, southern baggings, ref complaints, structure and program whinging etc - this is one thread out of an entire forum. Basketball SA 'metro' people are exactly the same so get off your high and mighty and accept that it is a part of life

Reply #254803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If district form is any guide over the past winter and early summer, some of these girls were picked from the vine way too early. Hopefully with Kinsman gone sanity will prevail.

Reply #254820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 254645-At least two is of quality,both still in U17 Australia squad.Give credit when its due.

Reply #255505 | Report this post

country1  
Years ago

Enough said. The new seasons have started and the focus should be on the coming 12 months not the previous. No one wins medals on last years results.that's a metro and country centric point I would have thought.

Reply #256578 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754