Anon
Years ago

Mt Barker Stadium

Went to Mt barker for the first time ever and gee what a good court their main court is. I was a bit dismayed though at how bad court 2 is out the side. I watched our 18 boys play Mavs in an uptempo physical game and several time players slipped and went close to hitting walls in the confined space. Has this court always been used or is it a fill in. I would have thought the latter. They beat us fair and square and are a good side but surely kids deserve to play on better before someone gets hurt.

Topic #21392 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Court 1 is good, Court 2 is pretty bad - No real seating for spectators, no room on court sides and ends....just waiting for a major injury on that one.
Imagine if some snotty nosed lawyer's kid ran into the wall and broke something major and had to get an ambulance, ah karumba the litigation

Court 3 is a shocker.
But, then again, have a look at Marion, Hillcrest, Port Adelaide

IMO, I still reckon the three best stadiums to play basketball at are:

1. Starplex - four courts, excellent condition - except for the drive
2. Pasadena - No bad, except for the tenants ;)
3. Wayville - can't really complain there, except for the air conditioning

Reply #254278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack,

I love Marion and Hillcrest - the atmosphere is great whereas the atmosphere at the three you named is, what's the word, perhaps clinical. I suggest you move out to the real side of town and the drive to Starplex is not an issue. Pasadena also has a problem with roof heights on the last two courts and Wayville is fine as long as it is not too hot or not raining.

And Jack- there is nothing wrong with the tenants - they are generally good guys except they wear the wrong colours!!

Reply #254538 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I'll remove the tongue from my check now

Reply #254546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or cheek even

Reply #254547 | Report this post

Just Interested  
Years ago

Starplex good venue even good catering when opened. Travelled there the nearly 2hrs from where we live(last season) thought we would have something to eat there as no time at home between work and leaving. "Sorry" canteen closed at approx 7.30pm was told by parents of team that was playing the 7pm time slot that they where closing on their arrival. We where playing 8.45 game. This is not good enough.

Reply #254779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats the problem with the courts at the Port Stadium ? only problem i see is some coin could be spent on score equipment but as a venue i think they are fine.

Reply #257494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how about the fact that they are not even the proper size!

Reply #257498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

amateur sports have amateur facilities

Reply #257584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell me what just cm or mm or infact metres, and with this reason has it cost you a life threatning injury or just given you some thing to whine about, must be the latter.

Reply #257691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It has nothing to do with whining - you (or someone else) asked what was wrong with the COURTS at Port Adelaide, and I'm telling you.
The fact that is does not even comply with FIBA regulations for court size is an embarrassment.

Reply #257693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with my size 15 feet i can't shoot a three point shot from the baseline at Port Adelaide. Either my foot goes out of court or my foot goes inside the 3 point line!!

Reply #261394 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:03 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754