LC
Years ago

Sir Charles wants to be GM...

Charles Barkley, the Hall of Fame player and current TNT analyst said earlier this week he'd like to have a crack at running an NBA team, though he's in no rush because he'd want the right job.

ESPN: http://linky.com.au/2kqdv

Barkley has seen some of his contemporaries try and fail as team executives. Isiah Thomas was fired after a horrible tenure running the New York Knicks, and even Michael Jordan, Barkley's good friend, is regularly criticized for his inability to build a winner in Washington and Charlotte.Nevertheless, Barkley said he's not worried about becoming another guy getting blasted on the air.

"I want that challenge, and honestly, this business, it ain't brain surgery," he said.

He would be a breath of fresh air as GM...and stir up the likes of Cuban and Co.

Topic #21411 | Report this topic

Beantown  
Years ago

I prefer him as a talking head where he can be outrageous and entertaining.

I can't see him being a good GM though. Who could take him seriously in a contract negotiation?

Reply #254708 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I've met and talked to the guy before. it's hard to take him seriously. I can't see him as a good GM.

Reply #254710 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Hey LA Boy, who's taller? You or him? Do you think Sir Charles is really as short as 6'4, like many people say?

Reply #254711 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

the only dude in the NBA shorter than me in my times working there was Earl Boykins lol.

maybe to rephrase the question a little bit...was Charles 6'6 as advertised. which the answer was no! from memory he look to be about 6'5. however, with shoes on he'll be about 6'6 or so.

Reply #254725 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

on the topic of shoes, it reminded of a story I was told in Phoenix...

not sure if people remember the few days after Rockets made the playoffs in 1997; there were reports that Barkley twinged his ankles during practice. here's what I got told...

apparently during Drexler's private celebration 'function' Charles wore a dress (which I believe was not for the first time) moreover, he was also in HEELS (skinny ones too)!!!

while walking downstairs 'fully alert' after the 'function', one of the heel broke! and twinged his ankle.

Reply #254727 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:48 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754