Anonymous
Years ago

Blake Griffin Injured for up to 6 weeks.

Yahoo sports NBA has breaking news up on the homepage,

Knee injury sidelines Griffin
Clippers rookie Blake Griffin might miss the first six weeks of the season with a patella stress fracture.

Cant be good for Clippers, or the start of his season. Was really looking forward to seeing what he can do in the pros

Topic #21420 | Report this topic

D16  
Years ago

Curse of the Clippers.....?

Reply #254693 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Clippers will get spanked by the Lakers without him...not good for Griffin and his team.

Reply #254695 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Reply #254697 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

The new Danny Manning.

Reply #254698 | Report this post

johnny_sack  
Years ago

Wow! As images of Danny Manning flood my mind -

That is not good one bit... given he hasn't even had his first reg. season game... Hopefully it doesn't indicate anything that could become a chronic issue for him...

One less reason to watch any Clips games on my newly purchased NBA ILP... Except when the play the Wolves - ;)

Reply #254699 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

You beat me to it Twentyfour! The instant I saw that story on NBA.com I thought of Simmons' article a few months back. Lets hope this doesn't get any worse and Blake Griffin doesn't end up becoming another footnote in the legend of the Indian Curse!

Reply #254702 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Damn!! There goes my interest in watchin the Lakers - Clips game tomorrow :/

Reply #254712 | Report this post

tm  
Years ago

by the time Griffin recovers, Patrick Mills is ready to set on the floor again. The Portland Trailblazers made the right decision as team owner Paul Allen highly valued Mills. maybe he knows more things than any basketball honchos, you know he's one of the Microsoft bosses and can get more google search results hehe. he's more convince than what had Mills have shown during olympics.

Reply #254718 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

What has Griffen's injury got to do with Mills? Was Blake still available at #55?

Reply #254720 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

tm, I think you're confused. Griffin is on the CLIPPERS. Mills is on the BLAZERS!

Or are you hoping this gives Mills a chance at beating Griffin for rookie of the year? LOL

Reply #254723 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Coore blind me, this is the exact reason why I love the Clippers, just when they are onto a good thing something comes along and hijacks everything. It makes them so endearing.

Al Thornton is my pick for Most Improved Player.

Reply #254733 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

What would be really funny is if the Clippers clicked this season, somehow won the title, thereby denying Kobe and the Lakers... and then completely, spectacularly imploded next season before going on another 35 year sojourn of ineptitude! That would be the perfect chapter to add to one of the most intriguingly bad and unlucky franchises in history!

Reply #254740 | Report this post

surmdog  
Years ago

greg oden didnt get the same reaction as this from what i remember its a 6week injury, wait till xmas when everyone starts talking about how great the rookie is playing.

Reply #254745 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Greg Oden doesn't play for the Clippers. He might if his knee goes again and he puts on the pounds. That will probably result in a more attractive offer from the Clippers.

Reply #254747 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

think the kid overtrained himself in preparation for the season. really like this kid, heard alot of good things about him.

Reply #254752 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Never knew much about the "Clipper Curse", but reading that article was great - took me a good 30min to get through it too! All makes sense now.

Reply #254773 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah, thats one of his better articles. Simmons tends to stretch the truth at times, but he is often hilarious and always adds to the mythology of basketball. 'Still haunted by Len Bias' is a good one he did a long time back too. If you don't recognise the name, he was the surefire star Boston drafted in 1986 after they won the championship, then died within 48 hours of the draft from a cocaine overdose! Nothing went right for the Celtics for 20 years after that!

http://linky.com.au/fpv52

Reply #254788 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:05 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754