methusla
Years ago

nbl coming in HD

got the fox guide - new channels and all 3 fox sports in HD

Topic #21436 | Report this topic

LA Boy  
Years ago

Not trying to be a party spoiler, does that mean NBL on OneHD? Not necessary...

Reply #254872 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I dont think anyone is suggesting that LABoy

Reply #254883 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Doesn't that mean the games will have to be filmed in HD? Would that mean a lot more expense for Fox to upgrade their equipment, and would they see that as being worthwhile just for the NBL?

Reply #254890 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

TC2, I would assume they would need to upgrade for the Football, Cricket and Soccer as well

Reply #254897 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

I have no doubt they would upgrade for those sports - I was just wondering if they would do the same for their basketball broadcasts (assuming they have a "crew" for each sport they cover).

Reply #254901 | Report this post

peter  
Years ago

its not about upgrading, its about not having to compress the video files as much

Reply #254910 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

So they can shoot HD footage with their current camera equipment?

Reply #254914 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Seen some of the cameras used at the football and they are def not new - so would imagine the old cameras record at a high quality and as mentioned it is compressed to than broadcast.

Reply #254944 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

You can buy The Godfather in HD. Do you think Francis Ford Coppola shot that using a HD camera in 1972?

Reply #254966 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

But the HD-ness of that is poor compared to something shot using an HD camera. I've got Enter The Dragon on Blu-Ray, it's craptacular.

Reply #254981 | Report this post

Years ago

fox sports 1 2 and 3 all going to HD soon - got it in the mail yesterday

Reply #255093 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

"Not trying to be a party spoiler, does that mean NBL on OneHD? Not necessary..."

Honestly...

Did you fail reading comprehension in primary school?

Reply #255140 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:07 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754