mathias jade
Years ago

U20 mens grandfinal

u20 mens grandfinal wednesday night 8.30pm wayville. Good to see woodville in the grandfinal, team with no state players - good effort by the boys, on top of the ladder in against forrestville who looked strong wednesday night also.
Im really puzzled that the team that is first on the ladder can have no players in the state team, yet 2nd 3rd and 4th make up the state team. It would be pretty embaressing for the state selectors if woodville took out the premiership.
But anyways who are peoples tips for wednesday night?

Topic #2144 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

warriors in a ball tearer - 3-5 pts

Reply #24324 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Who plays for WW? Can we get a line-up for both teams?

Reply #24332 | Report this post

mathias jade  
Years ago

i cant find any rosters - but 2 of the players peter hoban and matt gange both made the state team for the nationals, they have some really smart players though, very strong team.
Other hand woodville - no one played state, few players with minor injuries however that didnt stop them against noarlunga.
If anyone knows where to get rosters for u20 link us please.

Reply #24345 | Report this post

mathias jade  
Years ago

I just found a line up of the woodville side, if someone could find a forrestville one that would be great.

Woodville -

Dane Welsch
Jono Deuter
Nate Walton
Lyall Gillett
Greg Pascoe
Ryan Willis
Joe Kiesel
Reagen Knott
Zane Reeves

Reply #24346 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

i think zane will be a huge factor again this week. he finished with 33 pts and i would say 15+ reboundsin the semi. if he can have another massive game and get good support for the rest of the team, they should get up.

my tip woodville by 3-6 pts when the dust settels

Reply #24352 | Report this post

mathias, it's pretty hard to play State when you don't even turn out to trials. Correct me if I am wrong but the number of players to try out in the above list is? 0, maybe 1!

Reply #24355 | Report this post

gun dad  
Years ago

good to see my apprentice - pascoe living the dream

do not forget the Holland factor

I hope something goes right for woodville ASAP

Reply #24356 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Woodville have it in the bag - they're a great team with a great coach, no standout players, they do it as one. It'll be a huge game.

Reply #24382 | Report this post

mathias jade  
Years ago

Desperate - you are completely right that none went out to try outs, however you might already know that most of that team and div 2's have been out to tryouts over the years some more then once and have never made it past first round.
This u20s div 1 team was similar in u18s and 16s (same players) and were up in the higher part of the ladder, yet none of the players ever made it. It was always the same names from sasi.
I guess it would be a feeling of rejection for the boys and no point in going out because they know they would not be picked. I believe none of them ever made it past first round

Reply #24383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but if you never try you never know!!!! and this year's u 20 was not without the political unexpected

Reply #24385 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

The Zane factor! Sensational. I hope he's still wearing the arm guard, elbow guard, bicep guard, wristband, finger warmer, shin guard, bike pants, high socks, knee pads, head band (I could go on and on) like he always has.

As for Pascoe - long live those sideburns. Get into them, sixties!

Reply #24392 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

all pasoce needs now is some briuses to his knee cap, ankle,head and elbow and so on to complete the look.

Reply #24393 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

reagan made it to the final 15 or 18 for last years 18's state team and llyal was extreamly unlucky to make the country team in 16's when they finished second.

Reply #24405 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:01 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754