Jack Toft
Years ago

NH: Facebook for dead people

I don't know how many of you are on Facebook, but I read in the paper that one of the problems they now have is what to do with dead people's accounts.

Facebook are proposing a modified page for dead people where other people can still post, but the account is deactivated somehow. I imagine it would be like a virtual cemetery.....

I know one of my friends died suddenly and people still post comments to his site. The other thing is how can you prove they are dead??? Could someone contact FB and say "Jack's dead, deactivate his account"

Thoughts?

Topic #21446 | Report this topic

Hems  
Years ago

Never thought about it, but very interesting indeed!

Reply #255153 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I found a really old friend of mine on facebook, after losing track when we both moved at much the same time, only to be told by his sister (posting on his account) that he commited suicide hours before I sent my "Hey, how are you? Long time no see" message.

Devastating, when we used to be so close and I could possibly have been someone he would speak to.

Reply #255154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe if a registered user hasn't been on for a period of time eg: 6 months or 12 months the account could be deactivated. Other people could still post during that time but if the user hasn't logged on the account gets the flick

Reply #255155 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:09 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754