Camel 31
Years ago

36ers@home v Cairns

I don't even know who will win.
Groves will get loud applause when drops a lay up and might top score.

Topic #21457 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers will win, no worries about that tonight. Its the road games that follow that will be the concerning thing for 'coach' Ninnis and the fans

Reply #255249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ninnis can't coach

Reply #255250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha thats why i put coach in quotations ;) I really hope he and the entire coaching staff can get it together though, id rather love, not hate on my beloved 36ers!

Reply #255251 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

i'm tipping cairns in an upset tonight !

when i say tipping,i dont mean i'm putting money on it though !!

crosswhite has played terrible for the club this year,he is due for a double double and watch out for jones curling and swishing in the offence.

Reply #255252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stream not working?

Reply #255254 | Report this post

COOPZ  
Years ago

i admit to being a novice at the live streaming, but i cant get mine working...

I'm on a macbook pro, and even reinstalled flash 10 cos Rivus says that is all it needs? is it just me? anyone else watching it on a mac???

i have never used this technology before, but consider myself very computer-literate, yet still can troubleshoot my way out of it.

any suggestions???

Reply #255255 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

live stream is not working

Reply #255256 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Cairns have come out firing - Sixers another bad start
Ng in for Groves after 4 minutes.

Reply #255257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gah, this is the second streaming i've bought, and the second streaming which hasn't worked. $10 and nothing yet :(

Reply #255258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stream is not working, suprise suprise.

Reply #255259 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

With Ng and Herbert on - some improvement,after a slow start from Groves and Hill.

Reply #255260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Radio stream is on

www.abc.net.au/adelaide

Reply #255261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we have too many guards.. replace groves with a SF/PF or a C

Reply #255262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is it choppy and freezing?

Reply #255263 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

i have fast internet and the stream is just stop start ???why dont they slighty delay the telecast say a minute so can build a buffer

Reply #255264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stops every 5 seconds

Reply #255265 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

So half time sixers up by 7.

Interesting stats lines:

Ballinger, played 17min with no rebounds but 15pts

Ng, 0/6 in the field in 12min

Gilchrist, 6 ass, 5 reb, 10 points.

Reply #255266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and streaming not working again

Reply #255267 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems Cairns zone is making us a bit tentative.

(NBL refs will show and explain decisions on youtube)

Reply #255268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im pretty sure they stopped the stream again to improve performance.

Personally, i think It was great they did it in a time out. then hopefully it will be set to work 100% for the fourth.

id rather have a good stream in the 4th than the 1st...

Reply #255269 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

if gilchrist fires this quater he could go triple double, looking at 12pts, 8reb, 6ass at the mo.

Darren still 0/7 from the field, can he go scoreless? Surely not.

Hill with 8pts and 2to.

Reply #255270 | Report this post

Coopz  
Years ago

Im pretty sure they stopped the stream again to improve performance.

Personally, i think It was great they did it in a time out. then hopefully it will be set to work 100% for the fourth.

id rather have a good stream in the 4th than the 1st...

Reply #255271 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

All even - 8 minutes to go - still not sure whos gonna win.

Reply #255272 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

ABC Radio Quote;

"Gilchrist has lost his mojo, find it, FIND IT NOW!"

"Cortez groves has gone to find his passport"

I think ill listen to more games this way :D

Was thinking the same thing camel, doesnt sit well with me atm, bad bad feeling about it.

Cairns by 2 with 4.50 to go

Reply #255273 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

seems like another soft effort

Reply #255274 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

Cairns have shut down ballinger,

in 12mins since the break he has 2pts and 1reb

Reply #255275 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

Gilchrist double double

ng 0/10

cairns by 2 with 1min to go

Reply #255276 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

this is the defining play

45 seconds left....

and as the ABC guys are saying, 36ers are only 25 points after half time

Reply #255277 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

We have OT...

Reply #255278 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

At the end of the 4th qtr - still no clues as to who will win.

Reply #255279 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

Over-time again, back to back.

Lets see if they have learnt anything from new zealand.

Stats lines;

Darren 0/12 - maybe time to bring in eze?

Adelaide with an 11 point quater!!!

Gilchrist, 17pts, 13reb, 6ass

Rychart, 17pts, 10reb

Mills, 8pts, 5reb, 4 ass

Reply #255281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Detroit,

3 pointers are included in FG attempts. Ng is 0/7 not 0/12.

Reply #255282 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

ooops my bad :), no darren hate just looked worse than it was :)

sixers win by 6 in OT

Gilchrist 22pts, 14reb, 8ass

Reply #255283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Sixers!

Reply #255284 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

' The G Man '

(sometimes I think the deliberate fouls at the end are deliberate fouls - therefore offensive teams possesion after the free throws.)

Reply #255285 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

500 wins

Reply #255286 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Go 36ers!!!

Reply #255287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers got lucky. a better quality would have detroyed them tonight.

Reply #255290 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

i was at the game and yelling... NOOOOO!! everytime jacob took a shot.. flat and ugly!!

Gilchrist can hop!!

Ballinger stepped up when it counted.

cooper not bad

Reply #255291 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Jacob 'Towelie' Holmes and 'Ninja' Ng made a worthwhile contribution tonight ..........to the Federal Government 'Nation Buiding' economic stimulus package! I'm sure they could have built a school library with all the brinks.

I'm having a light-hearted dig, I think they are great but Darren in particular had a tough night at the office. I don't think Holmes realised just how much space and time Cairns were happy to give him when taking all those turn around jumpshots from the elbow.

Umpires....enough said.

Pitbull was fantastic but does he ever drive left? Balls did a great Gaze 'the Mummy' impression and Coopz made good position. Both he and Rampton cancelled each other out nicely. Anyone else think they might have been seperated at birth? .

I can't help wondering just how much better Herbert's contribution might be if Groves wasn't on the roster. Hill, Groves, Ng and Herbert all seem to be uncertain what their role is on offence when in a half court set.

Best part about tonight was the final 5 minutes. Worst part, watching Erik 'Eze' Burdon at the end of the match walk into the change rooms by himself while the team had their photo taken. It just doesn't seem right.

Reply #255292 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes - well done G-man 14 rebounds
Ballinger back to his average ppg.

What did ya think of Groves tonite?

Reply #255293 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Very entertaining game in the end - no one could accuse the Sixers of playing without passion tonight.

Ballinger, Holmes and Gilly all got very fired up at different parts of the night - and at times we were only scoring points on hustle plays and offensive rebounds.

Great rebounding effort from Gilchrist - 14 rebounds from your point guard is enormously impressive. His offensive rebound and put back off Darren Ng's 3 pt miss ended up forcing overtime as well. He also had 3 blocked shots!

When was the last time that a Sixer's point guard led both the rebounding and blocked shots categories for a game? Darnell Mee perhaps?

Reply #255294 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Pretty good game, i still don't think we are really playing that well. It gets very frustrating seeing the ball no got to balls early in the post. I find it hard to get a real read on gilly as well, very good but sometimes he looks really slack on D and seemed to loose his man a lot in the shuffle. He was great rebounding the ball though and made some very tough baskets towards the end.

Ng just had an off night and you could see it was making his decision to shoot hard. Coops was good for the time he was on. Tez was pretty bad on O, though he did a ok job on defense. Just hope we can hang until burston gets back so we can go back to some actual structure.

Reply #255296 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Loved the cheer squad hassling the Cairns bench during the last few time-outs. One of them in particular was dishing out quite a lot of smack from what I could tell!

Reply #255297 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Worst ever use of the word "clinical":

Adelaide 36ers have put on a clinical display to defeat Cairns Taipans 87-81 at the Distinctive Homes Dome on Saturday night.

Reply #255298 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Burston back next game. May not star (due to time off)
but will be a big help.

Reply #255299 | Report this post

FSN  
Years ago

What was with the refs tonight - 2 fouls called with ball out of play, isnt that unsportmanslike??

Not advancing the ball after time outs in the last 2 minutes - cant believe the players cant even remember that

Reply #255300 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

YIIIIIAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! Another thriller!

Who the hell runs an iso for Skip Mills to win the game?!?!?!? Thanks Fearne! Dumbass!

Our Sixers certainly not at their best still but it was great to see them grab a close one.

Anyone who was suggesting the 6ers cut Gilchrist a week ago step forward. The Pitbull is beyond-doubt one of the elite 4 PGs in the comp.

Balls: Inspirational. Along with Gilchrist he really fired the crowd and team up and hit some clutch shots in OT. When he walked on all bandaged up and pumped his fist to the crowd... Gold! His jump shot was money and his D was as good as ever - had a few clean blocks taken away from him by the three blind mice which was disappointing. Great game all-up.

Holmes: Could've had a real blinder if he was hitting that mid-range J. Was wide open on soo many occasions. Still put together some nice numbers and some excellent D and rebounding as always. Love this guy.

Hill: Relatively quiet but then he always is at the Dome. Still made some really nice plays and was more aggressive than usual on D.

Cortez: Quiet as well but not wasteful like he has been in half the games this year. Hit arguably the biggest three of the game to tie it up in OT. The ball seemed to hang forever, I was praaaying he made that one not just for the game but for his own confidence and a bit of redemtion.

PITBULL!: How good is he! Possibly the best rebounding effort I've ever seen by a PG in the NBL, and Mills is no slouch in that department. He is a complete PG, his penetration was unstoppable, solid shooter, his D was generally very good tonight. And he's clutch, I don't think that question mark over his name is there anymore.

"Pitbull was fantastic but does he ever drive left?" Shhh, don't tell them.

Cooper: Not bad. Could not believe it when we ignored Balls in the post and switched it to the other side of the floor to post up Coop, could not believe it. But 4rbs against pretty solid opposition was good.

Herbert: Puzzled how he didn't get more time after that brilliant start. His shooting was clearly on, D was outstanding (OUTSTANDING!!!), and he was rebounding like a... I was gonna say like a Centre, but I'll say like a Gilchrist! To give Ninja double the minutes in a game where he wasn't hitting anything was criminal.

Ninja: Clearly an off shooting night, could still be injured. Left him out there too long IMO. I certainly would've gone with Herbert at the end. He'll bounce back.

Melzer: I wasn't going to say anything, I don't want to hurt his trade value in our Hoops FNBL, but I can't hold it in, the guy is a joke. JUST STOP SHOOTING IT! You're a god damn spud why do you think you are good enough to keep shooting over and over again after so many misses???
Ahh that's better.
To all members of our fantasy league, I'm just joking, he's clearly just in a slump and will bounce back with some 50+ figures in a few weeks, trust me ;)

Fearne: You suck, thankyou for sucking. Couldn't believe how long he persisted with that trap that was having no effect. And the last play of regulation was a big blight on his name.

Refs: IT'S NOT A FREAKIN TRAVEL!!! Stop calling that bullshit! Some frustrating, soft hand-checks and some squeaky-clean blocks were called as well. Very inconsistent tonight.

Skip: Galvanize and Stronger ;) I like.

Silver Fox: That's what I'm talkin about!

Big Screen: I've said it before, but what the hell is it for??? We're lucky to get 3 replays in a game, I want replays! That's what the thing does!

Crowd: Really came alive in OT. The place was LOUD! Poor form starting a mexican wave while Hill is shooting FTs though.

Think that's just about it :P Great night! Bring on the Blaze (not as fun without Hammer).

Reply #255302 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"What was with the refs tonight - 2 fouls called with ball out of play, isnt that unsportmanslike??" Agreed, FSN, I was wondering about that.

Reply #255304 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

That could be something for NBL refs on youtube showing and explaining. That's a good idea from NBL
(mentioned, at halftime on ABC891 radio)

Reply #255305 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

+1 on big screen and replays. I kept looking up after a bad call to see what happened, no replay. What's the point of it then?

Reply #255306 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

"Crowd: Really came alive in OT. The place was LOUD!"
My ears are bleeding.Some kid was blowing his trumpet ,in rythym too.It felt like it put their FT's off?Was a good foil in our sector.
Within 4 minutes of starting I had crowd groans behind me and Tez was feeling the warmth of plastic and the Icey stare of an Irate Coach.Lip readers block your eyes,LOL
How about this idea?Keeping Ng on gave the Defence a focus, for others like Gilly and Balls to drive?
The photographers missed a great opportunity with Adam splitting his "Ranga" .Claret running down his neck.He did his best Halloween ,LOL,courtesy of Dr Ng.Snr.Maybe anti-snake venom was given while in the change room.
I felt crosswhaite still had jet lag.Thank you favourite Religous Deity for fouling Mills off.Adelaide may not have made it.Jonesy or is it Cinderella had no idea where his white boot went and wanted it back?.It was sitting 2 metres behind him on a white banner while everyone walked around waiting for the game to restart,oblivious to his questions.

Reply #255311 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

WOW what a tight game, i love a nice tight overtime win!
Gilchrist in the 2nd half inparticular proved he has what it takes to be a top point guard, he rebounded better and he plays probably better defence than most of the imports we have had since Mee. Definatly looks best when being agressive and driving at the beasket.
Not sure if its because they are a new group, but i have not seen a 36ers team find it so hard to score on the perimiter and play a free flowing offense, i guess we were spoilt with coach Phil and players like Maher, Farley, Brooks, etc over the years as his teams never had a problem scoring, particularly from the perimeter and always had a flowing offence, there were many times were it got very stagnent and did not look good until someone became agressive and attacked the hoop.
Anyways great win and great game Gilly, Ballinger and Holmes were the next best IMO.
If we can get Cortez going on offence we could be very dangerous, i thought Groves defense was ok, but yea needs to get his groove back!
GO SIXERS!!

Reply #255312 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"How about this idea?Keeping Ng on gave the Defence a focus, for others like Gilly and Balls to drive?"

Yeah but I think Herbert would've spread the floor just as much, if not more, the way he was shooting. It is important to have a shooter there for spacing but that doesn't explain why it was Ng instead of Herbie.

Reply #255313 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

It was a very avg game until we decided to actually play. I think we need to start Cooper at C it frees up Ballsy an takes alot of pressure off him on the defensive end. While Cooper has plenty of knockers all he needs to do is rebound, boxout an contest shots.

An i also agreed that tonight Jocob had no idea how open his shots where, he kinda rushed em like the was d on him.

All in all our team needs something/someone to spark em we look soo flat on both ends of the floor, i guess we just got spoiled by the brilliance of Maher the one guy you could ALWAYS count on

Reply #255315 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Burston would start,next game and give some spark to other players.

Reply #255317 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Interesting Tez's nickname for John Gilchrist after the game,

John "Showtime" Gilchrist.

Reply #255319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL's game report says the crowd was 5,500 yet on ABC radio they said it was only about 3,500 and they usually overstimate by about 500, what gives?

Reply #255320 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

That Jacob makes any shots amazes me. He does seem to rush, as if the ball is slipping out of his grasp. I think it's just his personal style.He makes enough though to keep team's honest.
Blue collar workhorse though, every team should have one. His attitde is great.

Well done Sixers. Makes up for Breakers loss.
Hats off to Gilchrist. What numbers!!!
Groves must have got message and limited his shots. Big 3 though as stated above.
Ballinger more involved.

Echo Xztatik's comments about Rich Melzer. He is not a shadow of the player he was 3 years ago playing for Breakers. Put on weight, thinks he's a SG/SF???, become a turnover machine.
Cairns are now slipping out backdoor of competition.
Didn't see play, but Cairns should have got it done in regulation??

Reply #255322 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

the compere really got it right this week with introductions starting with the opposition. That one clap for each player seems traditional. Nice work.
The crowd at times gets going but its only when something like a steal or quick and awesome passing happen. O/T another story.
Murray, could watch your antics all day. Very entertaining!

Reply #255325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

During regulation time (third quarter I think) someone in the crowd yelled out to Mills about his headband and Mills turned around and said "f**k off" luckily I don't think too many heard it.

Reply #255326 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

X - calm down a bit champ, the Sixers got out of jail and won in overtime. Sure enjoy a win under pressure but keep it in context. Its Cairns!

Same with Gilchrist, great all round game and some very very impressive clutch plays when it really counted. But as for being in the elite top 4 PGs in teh league...umm thats half the league?? The question marks over his head will be there until he proves that he is consistent over a few more games..

Reply #255327 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

I know this may upset people, but although Gilchrist did some great things toward the end of the game, the same bloke could easily have cost us the match too. He needs to do lot when he has the ball for longer periods than anyone else on the court. And I noted after the game in an interview on ABC radio, that he thanked God for his athletic ability - that immediately reminded me of Aaron Baddeley, when he was so quick to thank God for his 2 Aussie Open wins, but I haven't heard him since thanking God for all the cuts he has missed since! As soon as they start talking that crap I switch off.
I actually thought Cooper did some very good work in defence last night. Holmes can always be relied upon to rebound well,
Groves seemed to get less time than usual and perhaps that may have been some form of message from the coaching staff.
Feel sorry for Darren, as the refs only have to see him near an opponent to call some piss weak foul on him. Having aid that he was very reluctant to shoot tonight and when he did, it was tentative.
Great to win, but let's not get carried away, it was not a great performance.

Reply #255328 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

X.... I'll trade you the walking poo, Joiner for Melzer.. They both score about the same.

Reply #255339 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Good win to get, even it it took an extra time to do so.

Reply #255340 | Report this post

ninjafan  
Years ago

all i gotta say is... Shoe Violation. lol cant be a foot violation coz his shoe was in his hand... made me giggle.

Reply #255348 | Report this post

Jonathan  
Years ago

No way there was 5,500 people there. 3,500 would be about right.

Just agreeing about the big screen not showing replays. I gave up turning to it after an exciting play or questionable foul.

Reply #255350 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Statman I agree with you in that it was only Cairns that we beat. We could have easily lost that game in regulation and that would have been a huge loss for us at home.

For the crowds sake that was an awesome and exciting win and will help to get people to keep coming back. However, Cairns Zone defence smothered us the whole game and we were so slow bringing the ball up which let them set up their defence.

Hopefully this win can help to turn it around so that the guys start playing some better and more consistent basketball.

Reply #255351 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I sit just in front of the screen so i can turn and sometimes get a replay if they show one, i just wish they would move the old screen to the other side of the stadium and have them both on so people on my side don't have to turn around.

Reply #255353 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"X - calm down a bit champ, the Sixers got out of jail and won in overtime. Sure enjoy a win under pressure but keep it in context. Its Cairns!"

Yeah lol, was a bit excited. Never said it was a great performance though, I mentioned we still weren't at our best, was just good to get a close one after NZ.

"Same with Gilchrist, great all round game and some very very impressive clutch plays when it really counted. But as for being in the elite top 4 PGs in teh league...umm thats half the league??"

Haha I thought about that when I wrote it, but I think the top4 PGs in the league are pretty even and a big cut above the next best, and he is definitely in that group.

Reply #255357 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

No way there was 5,500 people there. 3,500 would be about right.

I agree that 5500 does seem a little high, but it was definitely at least well over 4k. I would have said mid 4s.

Reply #255363 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

"Never said it was a great performance though, I mentioned we still weren't at our best, was just good to get a close one after NZ"

My big concern is that might be our best.

Reply #255365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to the NBL site the crowd was 5,511?

Reply #255366 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

"My big concern is that might be our best."

3rd quarter NZ was their best. Consistency is their problem. In a league this even, you can't pick and choose what nights you decide to front up; you either bring it night in, night out, or you watch the finals on Foxtel.

Reply #255368 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Unfortunately I don't have Foxtel

Reply #255369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The crowd was much lower than that. There couldn't have been more than 4,000 there.

Reply #255370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Something dodgy going on with the crowds?

Reply #255372 | Report this post

Robbo  
Years ago

Good win or ugly win who cares, we won after 3 games in 7 days including OT in NZ. We keep slaming them when they lose but when we win we get people saying lets not get carried away, if you were there and heard the noise everyone deserved to get carried away thats what sport and winning does. Hate the loses and enjoy the wins thats how sport works. As for as good as we got go back and watch 3rd quarter in NZ that is as good as it gets!

Reply #255376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The attendance numbers are recorded on the hand held scanners so the number said are the number of people that passed through the door. Season ticket holders that don't attend a particular game are not recorded unlike interstate where they add the season ticket numbers plus the pre sales and walk ups to get a game total.

Reply #255394 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Statman

"Sure enjoy a win under pressure but keep it in context. Its Cairns!"

I wonder if a Cairns fan said the same thing on the first game these 2 teams met.

"Sure enjoy a win under pressure but keep it in context. Its Adelaide!"

Reply #255397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess there must have been about 1500 in the toilets all night as most seats behind the baskets were empty as were the ones on the upper level.

Reply #255417 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Once again I say get rid of Hill and Ng. I think ive been on this bandwagon for 4yrs now. Ng does nothing, hes talked up as this amazing shot, but cant shoot over anyone or apparently when hes wide the shit open.
As for Hill yeh he can score, but he turns it over more bloody often!! Im fed up watching him drive, get defended shit himself and throw the ball to the other team. 10 points with 8 turnovers is NOT GOOD

Reply #255501 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:21 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754