thedoctor
Years ago

Orlando Magic's Game Plan

Has anyone watched Orlando play this year yet?

Looking at today's box score. Early in the 4th quarter and they have attempted 30 threes to the Pistons 5.

Carter has attempted 9 and Anderson 8. Was wondering if they are giving it into Howard and shooting out of a double team, or just jacking a heap of threes?

Topic #21500 | Report this topic

cianoz88  
Years ago

Don't know that but their success was due to Turkoglu feeding Howard well against tight defenses. Now that they have Carter instead they may need more than 1 ball to play with - considering how much Lewis likes to shoot too.

Reply #255670 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I think Howard has been in foul trouble in this game and its shown that without him as the focus of the offence the only plan B they have is long bombs

Reply #255671 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reminds me - since when did Channing Frye jack threes?

Reply #255673 | Report this post

Olaf  
Years ago

Playing for Phoenix who doesn't shoot threes?

Reply #255674 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Fry attempted 20 3's all last season, he had 13 3's already this season

Reply #255676 | Report this post

ja  
Years ago

howard was fouled out in 16mins. so the only go to guy would be carter so all they would od is shoot 3's

Reply #255684 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Howard fouled out in 16 minutes.

No Rashard Lewis, Pietrus or Foyle for the magic in this game might have changed things up a bit. Add to that Redick into the starting line up which means there will be more 3's

Reply #255685 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

they watched the breakers and like it

Reply #255689 | Report this post

COOPZ  
Years ago

Isaac - Since your brother guarded him at pasadena, and he coudn't get a shot up from under the basket... :P

Reply #255700 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's about as plausible as either of them learning it from me!

Reply #255705 | Report this post

Jesus  
Years ago

Pretty sure howard got a shoulder injury today and since when did Channing Frye get decent minutes???

Reply #255709 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

When Shaq left

Reply #255712 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Shaq left a messive hole at Phoenix so Frye stepped out to shoot three's....

Reply #255718 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

They still winning & will be there at the end - take very serious.

Reply #255726 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I don't take antyhing you post here very seriously Orbit! Phoenix may end up making the NBA playoffs, but they are not a team to be taken seriously when talking about an eventual champion.

Reply #255743 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

The same Shaq that Orbit labelled as useless got 21 points @ 77%, and 8 Rebounds yesterday. I wouldn't give much credit to his knowledge of the NBA either.

Reply #255746 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

LOL! Spot on!

Reply #255749 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:06 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754