XztatiK
Years ago

Wollongong vs. Melbourne on Fox

52-38 at the half.

Just love watching these Hawks play, especially when my dreamteam is stacked with them.

Interesting to hear Gaze mention Judas Hodge...

Topic #21503 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

What was said about Hodge ? - anything to do with playing for Melbourne?

Reply #255721 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

If Saville,Davidson and Campbell are lighting it up from outside, Hawks are going to win most of the time.
Their defense and structured offence allows them to control tempo and hitting 3's is a bonus.

85-68 with 4 to go. Should hang on.

Reply #255722 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Hawks win.

Camel, something like "They (Tigers) won't be calling up Julius Hodge just yet, but they'll be staring at the phone"

Reply #255724 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

In 4 weeks we play them, here - I'd guess he'll be here for that.

Reply #255725 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Melbourne hang in there in most games but lack the offensive punch to put pressure on teams and get get over the line.
They are a much better team than Cairns but at the end of the day same record.
This group is competitive but unlikely to make playoffs. They need help quickly!!!

Reply #255735 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Hawks great example of team basketball.
Tywain quiet night but everyone else stepped up to share load.
If they take that perimeter shooting on road they will remain top two for a while.

Reply #255736 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems like it's the time to pick up the phone.

Reply #255737 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Before they pick up the phone Seamus will need to check how much he has in his pockets to fork out...

Reply #255740 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

has he got any more $$$ left in those pockets?

Reply #255750 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

How much imput is Seamus having these days? His input was always overestimated a bit by fans because he has been the most visible owner (you can insert jokes if you like).

In terms of Hodge, they do need someone other than Crosswell who can get into the defence and create for others, but for Hodge to come out he will have to play for much less than he has been offered elsewhere - I think the Tigers would have about US$150K to offer. Of course, it's not unusual for that to happen with the NBL, and US$150K is not bad money for 3 months work.

Reply #255753 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

If Hodge is signed by the Tigers, I'm coming to Adelaide for his first game back!!!

The atmosphere will be awesome

Reply #255754 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Might be better to get paid in Aussie dollars the way the greenback is going!

Reply #255756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Croswell is also out for a month. Given the shocking run of injuries the Tigers are having, they're going to have to pull the trigger and get an impact player.

Reply #255758 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Crosswell is probably the player they could least afford to lose, IMO. That's a huge loss.

Reply #255759 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Tigers now have no genuine PG on their roster. Kendall will be forced to run the show and against full court presssure they will continue to struggle. They desperately need a PG that can also provide some scoring.
With Seamus so far very quiet in comparison to previous seasons, does anyone else think he may not be interested in this season as much (being the interim season), and he is in fact waiting for next season to splash the cash? Just a thought...

Reply #255760 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

LC you could be right on that point. It is very odd of him to be this quiet. They desperately need an import otherwise their season could go very very badly! I guess with Anstey coming back they could go middle range at best.

Reply #255764 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

What was that little guy playing for The Gong ... what's his story

Reply #255769 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Shortest guy in NBL History. No story really, just a local and a crowd favourite due to his height.

Reply #255770 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Seamus was always one of a group of owners, but was the most vocal, visible and influential owner. But there was a shift in power at the club in the off-season when they re-entered the comp against the wishes of a few (including Seamus).

A big difference is that this year any club who cheats the cap can apparently be booted from the comp and lose the $1 million bond (which in most cases is others' money and in many cases is govt money so not an option!), meaning all clubs are playing by the rules, especially with the ATO on board. Only NZ could possibly try some third party payments (not saying they are, just that the ATO cant reach them).

Reply #255791 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Top 4 clubs will be fully audited.
Not sure what sixers court summons for Hodge is about
(mentioned by boti today)

Reply #255796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC, I'm pretty sure Dodo own the Tigers now and Seamus after initially severing all ties with the Tigers during the offseason then I think got put back on as CEO or something. I'm not sure if he has an ownership stake in the team anymore.

Reply #255808 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Thanks anon...still, for him to be so quiet is confusing...

Reply #255810 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I am also interested in the summons to Hodge. But trying to make sense of Boti's statement, it sounds like a summons was sent to Hodge care of the Sixers, which they returned unopened (but then how would they know it was a summons?).

Reply #255825 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

May not have been addressed directly to Hodge but to the club itself? Not sure.

Reply #255836 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:52 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754