LC
Years ago

Celtics forward wants to play NFL

Davis, the Celtics' 6-foot-9, 290-pound forward, said he eventually wants to play in the NFL.

"I will try it," said Davis, who's on the injured list for six weeks with a broken right thumb sustained in a fight. "When I become an All-Star in the NBA, when I become a great player in the NBA, then I'll try football. One of my dreams has always been to play football."

ESPN: http://linky.com.au/epcjw

Anyone like his chances? Apart from being full of himself, I reckon its slim to none...

Topic #21518 | Report this topic

simon  
Years ago

have u seen the size of the guy, he's massive

Reply #255925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

during the last playoffs on his day off he was spotted playing touch with some random kids in the park. The dude is a classic, check out his nba profile pics.

Reply #255938 | Report this post

johnny_sack  
Years ago

Yeah - i love his profile pics... Straight out of "Cheech and Chong"...

Anyone catch him having a big sook last year when KG ripped him during a timeout... High comedy!!!

Reply #255952 | Report this post

Pallas 55  
Years ago

If he is waiting until he becomes an NBA all star before he plays NFL then he wont play NFL

Reply #255955 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

This is worse than the time Shaq decided he wanted to become an actor.

Reply #255967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TC2, or a rapper! But then again the first of his 5 or 6 albums did sell more than a million copies ;)

Reply #255970 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Shaq could decide to become whoever he wants, or do whatever he wants.

Would you try and stop him??

Reply #256018 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Davis has no chance at becoming an:
- NBA Allstar
- NFL Player

As for Shaq, he is now also a deputy sherrif...

Reply #256038 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

when i become a great player in the NBA ? lol wot a joke, cry baby davis sucks
the day he becomes an AllStar is the day Iverson will get a championship

Reply #256062 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Or accepts a bench role

Reply #256065 | Report this post

Years ago

I'm kind of surprised at how quick people are to dismiss this idea. While Davis may never be an NBA All-Star, he does have the perfect natural build to play as an Offensive Lineman in the NFL.

It's not just some 'pie in the sky' idea from 'Big Baby' either - he does have football experience. While he was a McDonald's HS All-American in basketball at University Laboratory School in Louisiana, he also received scholarship offers from a number of NCAA Division I Colleges (including LSU) due to his football ability. He ultimately ended up at LSU on a basketball scholarship.

Davis has also worked hard to get down to his current 289lb playing weight. 'Big Baby' weighed in at 320lbs during his time at LSU, and was around the 340-350lb mark during his Senior year in high school. If he got back up to his high school weight, with his size, strength (he once picked up and bodyslammed Shaquille O'Neal at 15 years of age during a playful wrestling match at basketball camp organised by Shaq at the LSU campus), athleticism and reach, I'm sure he could get a place on an NFL Offensive Line.

Reply #256083 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I'm gonna vote for him to get him out of that C's roster.

Reply #256141 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:15 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754