Topic #21529 | Report this topic

Tripod  
Years ago

FACT.

Reply #256067 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Hmmm, nothing on his website...

Not sure if this will happen. Any source you can link us to?

Reply #256068 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Can't see it.
That's all we need another long range bomber to go with the 6 we already have. Surely we wouldn't be that stupid!

Reply #256070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we should have signed hodge!!

Reply #256071 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Rillie is now an agent, right?

Reply #256075 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Is Rillie Fit?

No pre-season i doubt he's a good option...

Reply #256108 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

he's still fit and still shooting straight!

TRUST ME

he put 38 on my a grade local team on tuesday night including 9 3's...

(His team features David Blades and Andrew Goodwin btw)

If the rumour is true, and i hope it is, he'll do just fine! Good luck JR

Reply #256153 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Bad call IMO.

Reply #256172 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Penney may go on an injury waiver and Storey to the Airport, I'd try track an Import down and make it someone who isn't gonna stand next to the other 4 guys littered around the arc waiting to throw bombs up

Reply #256177 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Totally agree Mystro, even if Penney is out, the last thing we need is someone else jacking it up.
Points in the paint have to be our strategic goal, whether that is by the existing players or an import doen't matter.
Storey either nets or brick from outside and he looks for it too often. In the Blaze game he posted up and drove to hoop and looked reasonable. Can't understand why he hasn't looked to do this more often. He is a good athlete
His main problem now though is he fouls too much.
Lemanis has jerked him around though. He takes him off with 2 or 3 fouls as if he has to be protected and then doesn't get back in games.
Having said that though, the team has benefitted by Boucher getting more time.

Reply #256183 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Last thing NZ Breakers need is another spot of shooter...

Reply #256197 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

PS. Matt Shanahan dropped 30 odd on us not long ago in div 1 local comp too...I can't see him returning either.

Reply #256198 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lemanis has jerked Storey around? Storey's on court body language is pretty bad. Sometimes I think he's lucky to be benched and not cut.

A play for Rillie gives them back what they lost with Jones and covers them in case Penney can't return. He's around, knows the league, would be ready to go - makes some sense to me.

Reply #256216 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Isaac, use him or lose him.

Storey was brought here to play defense (which he has had trouble with because of fouls, coaches call) and rebound, which to be fair he has done.
Agree body language. Even more reason to get rid of him. But if he's still here thats probably not going to happen.

As Paul pointed out he is our A import and presumably getting the big bucks for what.... not playing??

Reply #256227 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

As for Rillie.
He would have to make sure he didn't trip over Ronaldson, CJ, Oscar, Abercrombie and Webster trying to get a shot up.

Reply #256229 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Storey Minutes
18.58 Cairns
23.41 Tigers
23.24 Sixers
15.41 Tigers
15.58 Hawks
17.15 Crocs
24.23 Sixers
14.10 Blaze
Average 18.34 minutes and Penney has been out as well for 5 games. That a bench player's minutes! What other No 1 import is playing those sort of minutes?
He averages 3.5 fouls per game.(topped only by Boucher and that is his job)
He might as well average 5 fouls a game if his body language is going to be tolerated.
The Crocs game aside he has been practically redundant.

Reply #256243 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No point cutting him unless there is a back-up plan and for all we know they've been working on that behind the scenes. I think Penney might go on waivers, Rillie comes in, and then they bring in an import for Storey. If Rillie is in a Garlepp-style role (11th man, fits in when he can) but with more minutes, that might be flexible.

Reply #256257 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Sorry Isaac
Hadn't seen story about Breakers board looking at shakeup. The sooner they can move the better though. We're looking more like Melbourne everyday.

Reply #256430 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:21 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754