LC
Years ago

Bogut is running into some form

After a team leading double-double in the Buck's last start win against Jawai's Timberwolves, the big fella has backed it up with a game-high 22 point (8/14 FG), 8 rebound, 4 assist, 1 block performance in a big win over New York today.

Bucks now have a 3-2 record and defying pre-season expectations of barely being able to win a game - so far.

Hope he can keep it up!

Topic #21540 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

He did it all in 30 mins as well. If he can keep it up maybe an all star birth for the big aussie!

Can someone please explain to me how the + & - works on the stat sheet? e.g Bogut just got a +18 against Knicks.

Also whatever happened to the 'around the association' blog on the nba site. Why did they scrap that & replace it with 0?

Reply #256273 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Awesome to see Bogut hittin some form but I don't think he will be an All-Star. Howard has the starting 5 spot locked in so its up to the opposition coaches to vote him in. If he can lift it another notch then maybe he'll be in the running.

Orbit the +/- stat indicates how much a certain player effects his team during the game. For example Boguts +18 means that the Bucks outscored the Knicks by 18 points while he was on the floor.

Reply #256276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bargnani has jumped way ahead of Bogut.

Reply #256298 | Report this post

Billy!!  
Years ago

It will be tough for him to make the all-star team...barring injury Howard will start, Shaq will get some votes, Bargnani and Jermaine O'neal and even Hibbert have been playing well...the C position will be tougher this year than previous ones.

Reply #256324 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

Or maybe it's just because that Bogut is not that good.

BUST.

Reply #256326 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Ahh Humpa - you're typical pessimistic self! I don't think I've found a bigger lover of Bogut than you...

Seen any Bucks games lately?

Reply #256333 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Keep it reasonable you clowns.

Reply #256347 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Sorry Isaac - I couldn't resist stirring the 'ole pot with Humpa and trying to get some exciting response from him knowing his history! ;P

Reply #256349 | Report this post

Years ago

Andrew Bogut, 2009-10

Offensive Rating - 105 (worst of his career)
Defensive Rating - 88 (best of his career, and best in the league so far this season)
Usage % - 20.9 (highest of his career)
PER - 17.6 (best of his career)

Every player on the Bucks has a great defensive rating at the moment - even Michael Redd is looking like a lock-down defender in the couple of games he's played (87 DR, 2.9 steals per 36 minutes). They've actually got the best defensive rating of any team in the league at the moment, even ahead of the much-hyped Celtics defensive machine.

Reply #256358 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Some good stats there for Bogut and Bucks fans. I caught thier last two gams when they played without Redd, and I have to say they looked better without him!

Jennings has game too! He looks so comfortable out on the floor.

Reply #256363 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

How is offensive and defense rating calculated 3?

Boguts offense was shocking over the first 2 games but he's picked it up in the last 2. Impossible to call him an all-star now in such a star studded East. He is playing well though from the games I have caught. He is the second coming of Joe Smith, solid and reliable yet un-spectacular.

Reply #256381 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Redd was playing in the first two games. With Redd playing, Bogut's numbers were something like 9 and 7. Without Redd, more like 17 and 10!

Reply #256383 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

I've always said to those around me when defending Bogut that Redd is like a personal skin cancer for him - the games he doesn't play, he sees more of the ball, gets more shots and generally has a better game. I also think Milwaukee play a much better team game. I haven't done any statistical analyses to back up my claim, so please correct me if I'm worng - surely there is a stat thing out there that will have Bogut's career numbers with and without Redd! ;P

Reply #256384 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Yeah Isaac good point. Didn't mean to make it sound like he was playing bad. Probably shouldve written first 2 games opportunities were shocking.

Reply #256386 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

He actually scores every time they get the ball to him near the basket. If the other guys on his team would actually pass him the ball he'd be gettin 22-24ppg. Thats not a bust.

Reply #256388 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

You cant have a name Dr. Bullshit!

Smarten up dickhead...

Reply #256391 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bogut's at best is getting around 10 shots per game...if he gets 14-18 he can easily rack up 20ppg.

Reply #256397 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Without Redd, over the last three games, he's had 14 FGA each time (from memory), so converting at a reasonable clip to average 17 PPG over that period.

Reply #256398 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

There you go then...thanks for proving my theory with facts!

Reply #256400 | Report this post

Years ago

B-Easy, Offensive and Defensive Rating is calculated by points for/against per 100 possessions. A player's Offensive Rating is the amount of points they'd get per 100 possessions, and the Defensive Ratings is points against per 100 possessions. So with the OR, the higher the better, and the DR, the lower the better.

Reply #256409 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bogut is in action against Denver today and is racking up the points and well-on the way to a double-double.

Half-way through the 3rd quarter in 24min he is 7/11 from the field for 18 points to go with 8 rebounds, 1 steal and 3 blocks.

Reply #257019 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The refs will win this game for Denver..... Some horrendous calls...... Melo is fast becoming the new D-Whistle.

Reply #257021 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bucks win! Not a bad start to the season at all considering how they were predicted to struggle.

Bogut finished with 23 pts (10/15 FG), 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal and 4 blocks, with just 2 turnovers in 38min.

Reply #257026 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Should have been Denver's second loss in a row. Damn refs yesterday!

Reply #257028 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Incredible, and the Bucks should really be 5-1 after that Chicago game. Since the first 2 games, Bogut's averaging 19.5/10/3/2.5 @ 60%. Pretty bloody good.

But more importantly, Brandon Jennings FTW. Making more than a few people look stupid for doubting him.

Reply #257033 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Heartily agree 24. The first two games were with Redd in the team! Redd is Bogut's Bogeyman!

Jennings is neck and neck with Tyreke Evans for ROTY honours at this stage of the season.

Reply #257040 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:33 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754