LA Boy
Years ago

Mbenga starting for LA

it's his second game now, and I just can't resist anymor...a friend of mine was at the game the other night and said during the pre-game introduction it went:

"And now, for your world champion LA Lakers at center...DJ MBENGA!!!" it was hilarious!

Topic #21550 | Report this topic

LA Boy  
Years ago

didn't finish writing the thread...

DJ's doing alright too! grabbed 9boards in 9min of the 1st quarter last game and tallied 14 for the game with 4 block shots!

he got 6boards now in second quarter.

Reply #256475 | Report this post

M0PPA  
Years ago

Good on Mbenga for making the most of the opportunity and getting to show what he has obviuosly been able to do at trainings, etc over the years.

As for Bynum. I can't believe he's missing time due to that hack he recieved against Houston they other day.

Yeah it was a hard foul and he was holding his arm after he knock down the free throws. But I'm pretty sure Kobe and co were rolling thier eye's as Bynum walked back to the bench holding his arm as if it was broken.

He's a good young player with a huge upside but he's as soft as butter sometimes and that might be his glass ceiling. I can't believe how fragile he is.

I thought they might have utilised Kurt Rambis teach him a few things about being hard nosed and toughen him up a bit before he left town.

Reply #256493 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Hehe another double-double for big DJ! Who needs Pau?

Triple-Double alert! Watch LO, 8,9,6 in the 3rd qtr.

Reply #256499 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

And Ron too 5/8/7

I think Bynum just need to learn to protect himself better. never underestimate the physicality of a NBA game (have you ever seeing a retired NBA veteran walk?), especially for post players having to receive hard fouls and banging bodies; not to mention those who are actually dominant gets extra hard hits.

that's why I always feel sorry for D Howard, he gets beat up so bad.

Reply #256503 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

5,8 and 7 for Artest as well X

Reply #256504 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah good call, they're not moving much though, we jinxed them.

Reply #256507 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

this is insane DJ Mbenga-

29min, 10pts (5/9), 12 reb, 4blk

looks like Ben Wallace's statline to me

Reply #256510 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

^^ Ben Wallace wishes! 10 pts would be his career total in points.

Reply #256517 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

2 blocks for DJ in the last few minutes and he's got his dub-dub.

I actually don't mind Bynum being rested. I hope he's not pussying-out himself but if the Phil decides to give the stars a few games off here and there when they're sore I'm all for it. I honestly don't think there's much chance of us NOT getting the best record in the west.

Good to see them clear the bench at the end there. Shannon Brown had a good one.

Reply #256519 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

yeah, especially against Memphis! he can sit that one out for the rest of his career if he wants to!

also remember one thing, DJ's the 11th man off the bench!

Reply #256534 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Look at Luce Longley - the guy walks around like a 60 year old...his back and knees are shot.

Reply #256571 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

A 60 year old due to his extremely fat wallet throwing his back out...

Reply #256660 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:55 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754