LC
Years ago

Penney likely to be out for at least 3 more weeks

This just reported on nbl.com:

"He's still three weeks away," Lemanis said. "According to the medical staff, that's what they're telling me."

Link: http://linky.com.au/vmrsr

The Breakers need him back and healthy ASAP.

Topic #21553 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Lemanis thinks they doing ok...
Rillie would be handy.

Reply #256575 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I guess they probably are considering his absence...and with the way the league is right now, anyone can beat anyone on their night.

Reply #256576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumour is strife in the North that The Real Deal has agreed to a part-time hiatus with the Breakers until Penney is healed with Storey on a knife's edge as well. My gut feeling is that Storey is gone when Penney heals and they will keep Rillie on.

Bruton / Henare
Penney / Rillie
Abercrombie / Forman
Boucher / Ronaldson
Rickert / Trueman

Can compete with a healthy Tigers I feel

Reply #256608 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Umm does Rillie = P Jones. Just putting it out there.

I think Pledger should be getting more love. Yeah he is young but both the Bear and the Butcher are in the sunset of their careers and Rillie will need the ball in his hands.

I love JR's game and think he should still be playing but he would provide more value to teams like Melbourne, Adelaide and dare I say it Cairns

Reply #256617 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I'd take Jones over Rillie, and I'd also spend Storey's money on a new PF if they cut him.

Reply #256620 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Storeys gone,JR in - Boti, newsadelaidenow.

Reply #256623 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

IF you read thru all Boti's article,with Bob Dylan's lyrics - the last line is JR in Storey out...

Reply #256626 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Please, is this the same medical advice that said 1 month ago he would be right by now.
We face bigger issues now, replacing Penney is just one of them. (Blaze acted quickly and decisively we seem to have procrastinated!!)

Against Perth we were monstered on boards, yet our two best Rickert and Storey played 21-22 minutes each.
Abercrombie played 25 minutes, took 2 SHOTS.
Our game is perimeter based and teams focus on pressuring our shooters. We don't seem to have plan B.
Defensively we are being carved up by everyone.
We can't put all blame on Storey, brought here to rebound and defend, which he has done OK at, but probably hasn't been able to play for lengthy spells.
To my mind he was the wrong type of player to bring in initially (PF type prferable). This combined with a dodgy character reference and attitude hasn't helped, and the team has not played well around him.

Reply #256640 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Rillie arrived in NZ yesterday and Storey cut today

Reply #256665 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Deal done. Thankfully Breakers have made a decision, long overdue in my mind.
Not sure where Rillie is going to fit.

Defense and rebounding have been our problems for a while now and I don't see Rillie helping there. Storey could rebound at a reasonable rate for minutes played so we look quite puny now.
True Rillie could add some offence even if perimeter based, but it would have to be at the expense of Henare (CJ back to PG), Oscar or Abercrombie's minutes.
He is smart though, so we could see a little more feeding into the post.

The fact he knows the league will be an advantage.

Reply #256670 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Should be interesting to see how he goes. Hopefully he provides some solid minutes for his own personal sake.

Reply #256679 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bill, main advantage will be another streaky shooter who can get hot, IMO.

Reply #256694 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:52 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754