Filthy Mexican
Years ago

Under 20/21's and hot weather policy

for the sake of the temperature today (November 10) as printed by the Advertiser 38 degrees, does this mean that under 20/21's will be cancelled tonight? BSA's hot weather policy is as follows:

"On days when the forecast maximum temperature as published in the printed version of the Advertiser/Sunday Mail (early edition) that day is 38 degrees or higher, all junior games will be cancelled or postponed, except those at air-conditioned stadiums (currently the Dome and Starplex meet this criteria)."

My question would be are the 20/21's still considered juniors or have they been changed to seniors with the move to Tuesday nights?

Topic #21558 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good question, u was told last night the are classed as seniors so games will be played tonight but don't take my word for it

Reply #256646 | Report this post

Ceres 63  
Years ago

The games at the Dome (which is most of them) are in an air conditioned stadium so they are not affected.

Reply #256650 | Report this post

Pallas 91  
Years ago

I was told last night they were still considered Juniors. Further all u20/21 news is listed in the Junior section.

Reply #256656 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Considered juniors last time games were cancelled
(Due swine flu)

Reply #256657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the games not at the dome have been cancelled

Reply #256658 | Report this post

Filthy Mexican  
Years ago

Just got the update...

Good morning all,

Can you please distribute this message to your Under 20/21 division teams and senior division 2 and 5 teams?

Under 20/21 division 1 games on Tuesday 10/11/2009, except those that at the Dome (which is air conditioned) have been postponed.

Under 20/21 division 1 games on Tuesday 10/11/2009 at the Dome will be played as scheduled

Senior (Division 2 and 5) district games on Tuesday 10/11/2009 will be played under modified timing conditions:

1. Referees to call a time-out at the half way point of each period, if one has not already been called

2. The quarter, half and three quarter time breaks to be extended by a minute

These decisions have been made in accordance with Basketball SA's Hot Weather policy (available here) and are based on a predicted maximum temperature as published in the Advertiser today of 38 degrees.

Regards,
Paul

Reply #256659 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

so under 20/21 are still juniors but if you are a junior in under 18 you can play Mens but if your under 20/21 you cant i am confused
why is it that games will still be played and others postponed when will policy be consistant -some games are on with juniors playing in them ?? it should be manidictory for all stadiums to be air conndictioned
not fair on refrees especially

Reply #256662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so can the under 20's from southern or norwood play reserve mens tonight ;-)), stupid rules,

Reply #256668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great news - last thing i want to do is play when it's 38 and turn up to exams tomorrow!!

Reply #256682 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

It should be manidictory that we don't play out of tin sheds too - but tell me which club can afford to build their own air conditioned stadium

PS let manidictory be etched into the hoops vernacular from this date forward

Reply #256691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is ridiculous.My 15 year old daughter is required to play in div2 tonight as well as countless other15,16 and 17 year olds but won't be allowed to play friday night.

Reply #256698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So they are adults at 18 and vote but juniors in basketball terms where they play mid week nights yet seniors when we play reserves and they said 'yes minister' had finished....wonder what they classify the U23's as???

Reply #256711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U20's will be either 16, 17 or 18 at the moment. I think that the majority would not be able to vote at the moment. Anon #698: I am not sure which you are saying is ridiculous, playing tonight or not playing Friday. If it is playing tonight then I think you have an obvious solution as a parent. If you think it is not playing Friday why not go out and run for an hour inside a tin shed which has been baking for nearly a week in high 30 degree temperatures. If you were my parent I hope you mean having to play tonight!!

Reply #256715 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

The Dome is airconditioned (evaporative), but do they actually turn it on when games are being played (other than the 36ers), because it is toooo expensive?

Reply #256719 | Report this post

mandi  
Years ago

to be or not to be - i sense going plenty of catch up games come april when weather finally cools down

Reply #256723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ahh whats everyone complaining about, remember the good old days at athol park 40 degrees outside 60 inside, no one ever complained, the hotter the better i say

Reply #256725 | Report this post

me3  
Years ago

I agree We never had U/20s games cancelled due to the heat.We also used to play Church Basketball outside on bitumen courts in the rain in Winter.

Anyone remember playing in the middle of Port Rd in the rain.(ya cant dribble through a puddle ) Ahh the goo old days.

Reply #256750 | Report this post

mandi  
Years ago

i remember playing barefoot on grtavel
soft soft

Reply #256754 | Report this post

me3  
Years ago

Mandi
was that when the basket still had a bottom in it too,and you played with a medicine ball ?

Reply #256755 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think that came after the broken-glass courts era? That was pretty brutal.

Reply #256759 | Report this post

mandi  
Years ago

hand chiselled granite boulders and reed baskets
bonds singlets with plastic numbers doubled stitched
and dunlop runners
and fouls were fouls

Reply #256773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You young whipper snappers have it easy. I remember the turn od the century, (20th that is). We had to eat 2 baskets of peaches before each game so we could hang the baskets and then steal the soccer ball from the local soccer team. By the fourth quarter our stomachs were churning from eating all those damm peaches. It was common to get fouled out so we could get to the latrines. And I can assure you those latrines were not as in good a condition as those at the Dome. Ahhh the good old days!!!!

Reply #256776 | Report this post

bbgun  
Years ago

Luxury....

Reply #256829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does any one have the early edition of Wednesday's Advertiser and if so what is the forecast for today. Just want to know if games are on today

Reply #256857 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

cooking with gas - its hot hot hot

Reply #257112 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:03 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754