John
Years ago

Why was Richard Orlick fired?

Well known local coach who most recently was head coach with the Logan team in the WNBL.

Doing quite well and then .. sacked?

Anyone know why? Any reason in particular?

Topic #21561 | Report this topic

bballfan  
Years ago

(Mod: Defamatory!)

Reply #256752 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Logan CEO Mark Dalton had told a News Limited publication: ``Richard has been stood down indefinitely. It is a personal matter for Richard and something he has to deal with.'’

This is not the place to detail the personal matter or to speculate about it and I will remove posts that do if they are drawn to my attention. Please remember that anything you post is first and foremost your responsibility. If the police come to me for identifying information about an anonymous poster, I will comply.

Reply #256756 | Report this post

bballfan  
Years ago

isaac i did say alleged, mate not meant to be defamatory just being truthful

Reply #256761 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Still a strong thing to be tagged with if it turns out to not be true. Safer to leave it alone where possible, I think.

Reply #256768 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Wow sorry mods looks like I shouldn't have brought it up.

Being an ex player of his I just wondered.

Hey bballfan can u email me what you what was alleged?

Cheers

Reply #256777 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

It's worth pointing out for the uninformed that use of the word 'alleged' is not a defence. The news media use it a lot, but usually they know when it is safe...and if it is not safe, they duck. Isaac is right.

Reply #256778 | Report this post

bballfan  
Years ago

no worries we will see what comes out in the media

Reply #256817 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Wow, sounds juicy!

Reply #256846 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

Absolute Wanker! Couldnt have happenend to a nicer bloke!!!!!

Reply #256852 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Not to sure there would be many who could call Richard a wanker .

Reply #256922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't had much to do with him for a long time now, but an ABSOLUTE CHAMPION.

Reply #256927 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Could meant would ...

I really hope there is nothing in this as the guy IMo is a an absolute champion bloke and a brilliant teacher and communicator of hoops and furthermore life .

Reply #256958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bill Lambier is a wanker to the people that do not know him. Richard is one of the nicest guys you could meet. I do not know what the situation is in Qld, but he helped me as a coach to achieve my goals.

Reply #256975 | Report this post

Finbar Saunders  
Years ago

RICHARD Orlick has officially resigned from his role as Logan Thunder head coach with assistant Jason Chainey taking over the reins for the rest of the 2009-10 WNBL season.

Reply #257051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

alleged means alleged there is nothing wrong with saying that! i wouldnt be calling a champion! so unless you know what has gone on keeps your mouths shut because he is far from a champion !!!!

Reply #258896 | Report this post

jaegypoo  
Years ago

(Mod: Baleeted!)

Reply #261339 | Report this post

Old Man Emu  
Years ago

Reply #261387 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks - let's leave the details to the outside source.

Reply #261399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guy is a flog bag - Anyone who has played serious ball under him knows he is a tosser. I hope he is gone for ever as turned me off the game.

Reply #272773 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:37 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754